Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's set me up for the weekend... Freakish game as hull had a lot of shots but none on target . We were just clinical . Ran out of steam 2nd half but still easy winners . 

Not seen a Derby team work as hard as that in a very long time. Every single one of them put 100% in. 

Weimann and Olsson works down that left side. They did well vs Preston and once again both were excellent tonight. Lawrence is a player. 2 assists tonight was it? He'll get plenty this season. 

Great game. More of that please. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

I can live with this “boring” style of football, losing games on possession stats but clinical in front of goal.

After a performance like that it’s just rude to pick faults, enjoyed that one, really enjoyed it. 

Special mention goes out to Bairdinho tonight, massively under appreciated, had a great game.

Don't forget to remind srg of that too?

I think Gary pretty much nailed it in the post match; most pleasing thing for me was our defending from the front, making us harder to beat and also reaping opportunities through pressure. We still could do better with the final ball sometimes and still afforded Hull too many sights of goal but Gary talks sense addressing the soft underbelly and playing good football efficiently, not passing around for passings sake.

Lots of positives

particularly vydra who was the spark.

lawrence looked good. Can go left or right like commons.

weimann excellent workrate

bradley fighting vehicle - back in the groove

huddlestones passing

Etc

can't remember the last time we were 4-0 up at half time.

41 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

They all put a shift in tonight, special mentions for Keogh, Weimann (spelling) and Vydra, Baird & Johnson just get an ordinary mention ;) set my weekend up nicely that, thanks lads.

I'd agree with that except for spelling, he did nothing when he came on 

Didn't go tonight due to health reasons. Watched it on TV and thought we were lucky at 1 - 0 with them missing the penalty. The saying don't look a gift horse in the mouth springs to mind. From then on we had the midas touch and scored from every shot. Great from our perspective but I think the score papered over the cracks.

I'm not on deaths door just incapacitated at the moment. 

Archived