Derby County v Hull City

Leicester Ram

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra was fantasic... martin & Winnall linked up well when they came on...thought davies played well at the back & weimann's performance went a bit unnoticed, been critical of him in the past but i thought he was excellent, tracked back well & very important for us tonight 

12 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Surely no way back for Martin and Russell after that.

Have you seen the future? Do we remain injury and suspension free for the entire season? Where do we finish? Who do we replace Rowett with after Christmas?

15 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Surely no way back for Martin and Russell after that.

The Chris Martin we were begging to come back from loan? 

Also owngoal aside Russell has had a very good start to the season with assists, not quite the Russell of old but he's started this season playing a lot better than he played last season 

17 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Considering Johnson is poor technically (apparently) that was a hell of a ball to Nugent for our second.

Johnson has always been a bit of weird one, he will make a few really bad misplaced passes a game but then he has that kind of pass in his locker. It's like two different players with him at times. 

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I certainly wasn't begging.

Never said you in particular but certainly the majority of fans wanted him back last season, he's a good option 

you genuinely think there is 'no way back for russell' after a couple of assists & starting this season better than the last. If there is 'no way back' for Russell name two other wide players you'd pick over him in our current squad not including lawrence? He is easily 2nd or 3rd choice wide player and a good option. Sonto say 'no way back' is a bit drastic 

Brilliant night's entertainment.

Clinical. We could have had 8.

I'm not getting too carried away, as Hull were architects of their own demise to an extent....they could have had 4 themselves and defended badly...but if we can routinely show the attacking interplay and fluency we found at times tonight we'll threaten anyone.

Lawrence looks a player. Takes a wicked flat set piece and we've got a threat on the end of them with Davies.

Vydra and Nugent look a pair...and both subs did well. Chris Martin finished? My arse. I liked the cameo from Winnall too...cover for Nugent? 

I can live with this “boring” style of football, losing games on possession stats but clinical in front of goal.

After a performance like that it’s just rude to pick faults, enjoyed that one, really enjoyed it. 

Special mention goes out to Bairdinho tonight, massively under appreciated, had a great game.

Archived