Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Tottenham were dubbed as title challengers in August. Just the 20 points behind City at this stage! Can't see them making top four either. Liverpool are better, while Chelsea and United are more consistent.

Wow, forest aren’t even that far behind us. Suddenly I feel nervous. 

Flitted between our U23s and Swansea 1-0 Liverpool. A game that sums up why Lierpool are going nowhere, able to be Man City last week but losing to the bottom of the table side tonight. They ran out of ideas and rarely looked like scoring (until the 94th minute when Firmino missed a simple header). Swansea showed what a well-organized defence can do to frustrate a team full of talented attackers.

There are six points between Watford in tenth place and Swansea at the foot of the table. The top six are miles better than the rest. Leicester, Burnley and Everton are trying to bridge the gap (two of those teams are relative newcomers to the top flight) and then the remaining eleven are much of a muchness, even including Huddersfield who were promoted with a minus goal difference.

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Flitted between our U23s and Swansea 1-0 Liverpool. A game that sums up why Lierpool are going nowhere, able to be Man City last week but losing to the bottom of the table side tonight. They ran out of ideas and rarely looked like scoring (until the 94th minute when Firmino missed a simple header). Swansea showed what a well-organized defence can do to frustrate a team full of talented attackers.

There are six points between Watford in tenth place and Swansea at the foot of the table. The top six are miles better than the rest. Leicester, Burnley and Everton are trying to bridge the gap (two of those teams are relative newcomers to the top flight) and then the remaining eleven are much of a muchness, even including Huddersfield who were promoted with a minus goal difference.

Nice assist by van Dijk though.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

8 points separate Swansea from 9th.

And to think they plucked a manager out of well almost nowhere considering Wednesdays form this season. I am a fan of, ahem .........Carlos Augusto Soares da Costa Faria Carvalhal , I really am. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Football will miss this guy when he retires. The best of all time. From 8:10 onwards he just went into beast mode. Made world class players look average in comparison.

I see what you mean about taking on about 4 players in the edge of his own penalty area (what was he doing that far back anyway?)

Part of me kind of wanted him to loose it though, if he’d have lost it it would’ve been 3 vs the keeper. There have to be examples of him trying to do something like that and it all going horribly wrong. He can’t be perfect all the time, can he?

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I see what you mean about taking on about 4 players in the edge of his own penalty area (what was he doing that far back anyway?)

Part of me kind of wanted him to loose it though, if he’d have lost it it would’ve been 3 vs the keeper. There have to be examples of him trying to do something like that and it all going horribly wrong. He can’t be perfect all the time, can he?

I looked for a video of his missed chances once to make a point that everyone misses sitters. It's slim picking out there. There's not that many. More for Ronaldo. Couldn't find a Conor Sammon one at all

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I looked for a video of his missed chances once to make a point that everyone misses sitters. It's slim picking out there. There's not that many. More for Ronaldo. Couldn't find a Conor Sammon one at all

Apparently Ronaldo has the lowest chance to goal conversion rate of any attacking player in La Liga this year. Of those who have played a significant amount of time at any rate.  That might be different now though, after his 2 against Deportivo, although he did miss plenty of chances in that game too.

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

Apparently Ronaldo has the lowest chance to goal conversion rate of any attacking player in La Liga this year. Of those who have played a significant amount of time at any rate.  That might be different now though, after his 2 against Deportivo, although he did miss plenty of chances in that game too.

Always puzzles me when he steps up for a free kick and the commentary teams are always "this could spell real danger here with this man placing the ball"

Danger for what? Lads and testicles forming the wall.

Chelsea lacked firepower against Arsenal once Willian went off. Seriously powderpuff.

They need to invest in some world class forwards. Hazard looked like the only player capable of creating something. In that second half, playing 3-5-2. Chelsea had as many as eight defensive players on the field.

Players like Bakayoko, Rudiger, Kante, Alonso and Moses all found themselves in positions high up the pitch but none are likely to create a goalscoring chance. Batshuayi is just a target man. So it was left to Hazard or an out of shape Barkley and that's it.

City vs Arsenal should be a decent final and an open game though.

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Chelsea lacked firepower against Arsenal once Willian went off. Seriously powderpuff.

They need to invest in some world class forwards. Hazard looked like the only player capable of creating something. In that second half, playing 3-5-2. Chelsea had as many as eight defensive players on the field.

Players like Bakayoko, Rudiger, Kante, Alonso and Moses all found themselves in positions high up the pitch but none are likely to create a goalscoring chance. Batshuayi is just a target man. So it was left to Hazard or an out of shape Barkley and that's it.

Well, there's this one guy Derby are trying to flog....

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Carrol and Crouch. Go for both that’ll sort it 

Archived