Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

53 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I always wonder, what’s the point? How often does a ref actually change his mind based on anything like this. If I was a red I’d be more inclined to say ‘**** you guys, you’re not getting a decision for the rest of te match’.

theyre like children. They’ll have a moan if you ground them, but if they moan I just say ‘if you keep going on I’ll double it.’

refe should do that and stick by it. ‘I’ll count to 3 and if you’ve not all shut up, you’ll all get yellows for contempt, including anyone already on a yellow. Now **** off and get back to playing football... 1...’

but I believe that captains are allowed to age a word, so Keogh’s okay, but Huddleston should probably keep out of it. 

You should start your referee career today!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's not confined to just the Premier League. We have a couple of players ourself, Keogh and Huddlestone, who like to get in.the refs face. 

To be fair, Keogh is the captain. He's allowed to talk to the ref.

I think its more that his resting face is that of a startled psychopath that makes it appear he's losing his cool. Even when he's patting his fellow defenders on the back and applauding their efforts he has the face of Alex DeLarge being subjected to the Ludovico technique.

Huddlestone's usually pointing around the pitch. I suspect he has a Rain Man style memory for every infringement that's occurred, and he's keeping the ref abreast of the situation.

52 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Huddlestone's usually pointing around the pitch. I suspect he has a Rain Man style memory for every infringement that's occurred, and he's keeping the ref abreast of the situation.

Does he buy his underwear from K-Mart?

29 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hope I’m wrong but I can see one of Brighton or Huddlesfield going down.

Both have done well so far, but there is always one who slides from 14th or so and ends up being relegated despite spending most of the season outside the bottom three.

Could easy happen, i dont think many teams in the bottom half are safe and include Watford too. Think Palace and West Ham will stay safe just because seem to be heading in the right direction.

6 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Wouldn't see that in the Premier League!

Jamie_vardy.jpg

Man-United-596521.jpg

Yeah, it's getting worse in England too, isn't it?

Have to admit, I very rarely watch PL either. :) Derby games, a bit of Championship, some Bundesliga and 2nd Bundesliga, that's it.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Yeah, it's getting worse in England too, isn't it?

Have to admit, I very rarely watch PL either. :) Derby games, a bit of Championship, some Bundesliga and 2nd Bundesliga, that's it.

Refs need to be able to give yellow cards instantly for anyone doing that, with a red card to follow if they keep it up.  Let the captain respectfully inquire about the reason for a decision if they wish, as is done in Rugby Union.

Wayne Rooney for example should have been sent dozens of times for his attitude towards officials during his career to date (I'm assuming he wouldn't learn his lesson there).

16 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Refs need to be able to give yellow cards instantly for anyone doing that, with a red card to follow if they keep it up.  Let the captain respectfully inquire about the reason for a decision if they wish, as is done in Rugby Union.

Wayne Rooney for example should have been sent dozens of times for his attitude towards officials during his career to date (I'm assuming he wouldn't learn his lesson there).

They do have the ability to. They just don't and that's where the problem lies.

Just about any other sport they get penalised.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why don’t they though? Who or what are they afraid of? It’s becsuse they are part of what makes the game a spectacle. If they gave everyone a yellow for every incidence of discent, you’d end up with 5 a side matches. But it’s the only way to get the message across. You keep putting up with it, and the players will just take the piss more. 

And now there’s so much money in the game, there’s so much riding on each decision, players think they have a right to gold refs accountable for their decisions there and then. But it gets no one anywhere. It’s easy for me to say, youjust have to accept that referees can be fallible, but when you’re a striker that’s not scored for a while, he’s just disallowed a goal, and you know that will cost you your place next week, your appearance bonus, not mention could cost your team points, and could be the difference between relegation and not, you’re going to get emotional with him. 

As is the case with most things in football, it’s the money that’s ******* it all up really. 

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Why don't they though?  It's only natural that they are sorely tempted whenever they are surrounded by players and are being aggressively verbally abused by irate players. 

It's a blight on the game, as bad as diving (and other forms of cheating) in my book.

2 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

United have always had a team full of nasty ******* though haven’t they.

Should have shown them all straight reds for that.

Southampton for the drop anyone?

They look too good to go down, but their results have been terrible and for some weird reason they've already played more home games than anyone else in the league meaning they have a run soon of FOUR away league games on the spin.

With Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City to still play at home, they're going to have to make every other home game count while also picking some wins up on the road (they've only won once away all season).

Draws seem to have killed them this season. Take away four of their draws and give them a W2 L2 record and they're up to 14th. 

Archived