CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Love this ref. Huge bottle.

The commentators are a joke.

Typical Premier League team puppeteers.

'Morata was well within his rights to go down'. Why? If someone pulls you back it doesn't make you fall forward like that. It was a clear dive.

Well played ref.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

The commentators are a joke.

Typical Premier League team puppeteers.

'Morata was well within his rights to go down'. Why? If someone pulls you back it doesn't make you fall forward like that. It was a clear dive.

Well played ref.

I don't like Chelsea much or shearer and co, but the Ref got two peno decisions wrong and the Var too.

He was right to send Morata off. Minutes earlier he picked up the ball when he thought he was fouled, I was surprised he didn't get a yellow for intentional handball. Definite dive then obviously said something you can't say to referees. Not enough players are cautioned for their verbal actions.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The Willian one very close call. Morata one is never a penalty, blatant dive.

He was fouled in the penalty area.. Which means it was a penalty. 

Whether he goes down or not is irrelevant, he was held back. Why wouldn't you at least use VAR? It's only just started and doesn't seem to be working properly at all. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't like Chelsea much or shearer and co, but the Ref got two peno decisions wrong and the Var too.

Var is another ref, who just can go through the clip over and over again.

Didn't watch the game so I don't what you're talking about, but this mystic Var is another ref with a crew of nerds.

Only one I thought the ref was wrong in real time was the Willian one but certainly not worthy of a slating or referral to TV replay.

Morata is a tit. Just made my fantasy team changes and he goes and gets himsen banned.

Fair play to the ref - had balls to make some tough/unpopular decisions.

Norwich played well - especially Zimmermann at the back. Chelsea as classless as ever.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He was fouled in the penalty area.. Which means it was a penalty. 

Whether he goes down or not is irrelevant, he was held back. Why wouldn't you at least use VAR? It's only just started and doesn't seem to be working properly at all. 

Having watched again he wasn't held back, the player leaned into him. If every time a player touches an opponent is a foul we will have some very long games. 

Another matter of opinion, not sure why ref would need to ask for VAR if he thinks he had a clear view of what happened. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Having watched again he wasn't held back, the player leaned into him. If every time a player touches an opponent is a foul we will have some very long games. 

Another matter of opinion, not sure why ref would need to ask for VAR if he thinks he had a clear view of what happened. 

Which he did for all 3. Referee was spot on with all 3 decisions.

It never has and never can be as straight forward as either a penalty or a dive. Risky of the defender to even have his arm on Morata, not sure enough contact to go down but sometimes it doesn't take much. Booked for making the most of it? Maybe actions like Pedro where no contact and blatant cheat should be straight red? I think if after consulting VAR it was a blatant dive with no contact...red!

I'm not a fan of VAR,  what would have happened if Willian was booked then found to be correct in his action,  would the ref have to apologise profusely,  and beg his forgiveness there and then? ,  as I say,  not a fan.. 

5 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I don't like the finger-wagging that goes on. A player wagging his finger at the ref should get booked. No respect. All the leading Prem League teams do it. It smacks of 'we're top pros and you're just a humble ref, and wrong.'

It's not confined to just the Premier League. We have a couple of players ourself, Keogh and Huddlestone, who like to get in.the refs face. 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's not confined to just the Premier League. We have a couple of players ourself, Keogh and Huddlestone, who like to get in.the refs face. 

One of the reasons I avoid watching Serie A and especially La Liga. Simply disgusting.

atletico-madrid-barcelona-rizzoli3.jpg

9 hours ago, Dimmu said:

One of the reasons I avoid watching Serie A and especially La Liga. Simply disgusting.

atletico-madrid-barcelona-rizzoli3.jpg

I always wonder, what’s the point? How often does a ref actually change his mind based on anything like this. If I was a red I’d be more inclined to say ‘**** you guys, you’re not getting a decision for the rest of te match’.

theyre like children. They’ll have a moan if you ground them, but if they moan I just say ‘if you keep going on I’ll double it.’

refe should do that and stick by it. ‘I’ll count to 3 and if you’ve not all shut up, you’ll all get yellows for contempt, including anyone already on a yellow. Now **** off and get back to playing football... 1...’

but I believe that captains are allowed to age a word, so Keogh’s okay, but Huddleston should probably keep out of it. 

Archived