View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Looked like a 433 but with the wide attackers withdrawn. Whatever, they're a bunch of cloggers. 

Thought it was Ipswich in disguise ....very Agricultural , just hope the injuries are not too serious ........#knackeruptheirthreatening players so they missafewgames

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not many comments from Southampton fans. Most lambast their own players instead.

“This derby side are one of the dirtiest I've seen in a long time”

“Niggly bunch of ********. Should've been a lot more cards shown”

Are we really that bad?

Bryson was, He could have been booked 3 times before he was. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not many comments from Southampton fans. Most lambast their own players instead.

Are we really that bad?

Get used to it Saints fans, you’ll be facing “Niggly bunch of ********.” Week in week out next season in the Championship

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Are we really that bad?

It was pretty even on the foul front for me, there's just seemed to be a bit more cynical. We did a few mistimed tackles whereas they seemed to be the ones tackling from behind or grabbing shoulders or shirts when we were getting away from them.

The Southampton fans saying that we were dirty! Just a cotton-picking minute there - Derby weren't the ones doing the cynical, professional fouls every time we were on the break, or the subtle shirt pulls, or arms on shoulders, and so on. Or dives in the area. Neither were we the team for whom the ref gave virtually everything. Quite the opposite.

Nor was it Derby who had one player all on his own several yards in the opposition half (i.e. no Derby outfield player in their own half at all) who then received the ball from a hoofed clearance and wasn't given offside. But it was Bogle who was shirt-wrestled to the ground just outside the Southampton penalty area right in front of the ref and his assistant, but no free-kick was given. Need I go on?

Maybe its just that "they don't like it up 'em, Captain Mainwaring"!

23 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The Southampton fans saying that we were dirty! Just a cotton-picking minute there - Derby weren't the ones doing the cynical, professional fouls every time we were on the break, or the subtle shirt pulls, or arms on shoulders, and so on. Or dives in the area. Neither were we the team for whom the ref gave virtually everything, Quite the opposite.

Nor was it Derby who had one player all on his own several yards in the opposition half (i.e. no Derby outfield player in their own half at all) who then received the ball from a hoofed clearance and wasn't given offside. But it was Bogle who was shirt-wrestled to the ground just outside the Southampton penalty area right in front of the ref and his assistant, but no free-kick was given. Need I go on?

Virtually everything..... righto

You really need to get them rose tinted glasses giving officials stick. It’s borderline pathetic in my opinion. Nothing wrong with that ref on Saturday, let the game flow, apart from one incident where he blew a tad quick.

They are far from perfect, but they ain’t robots. I’ve posted on here many years now, and yes I defend referees a bit, but with reason, your posts every time is rose tinted, it’s kinda getting boring for me to see you dig at officials constantly, especially when its without context or reason. You’re the only one on the match thread and now on here regarding it. What is your problem with them? Posted the screenshot below and highlighted the bit in your post to link. 

Mark my words, referees at a amateur level are declining, and some are being abused etc, I’ve seen an uprise in it over course of this season alone. Your comments, however blasé they are, contribute to this, however innocent you think they may be.

One day you’ll see the death of one, either attacked or even worse for me personally..... suicide. Think on.

DA8C9199-098C-4076-A2D2-D40D1B7F2F36.png

45 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The Southampton fans saying that we were dirty! Just a cotton-picking minute there - Derby weren't the ones doing the cynical, professional fouls every time we were on the break, or the subtle shirt pulls, or arms on shoulders, and so on. Or dives in the area. Neither were we the team for whom the ref gave virtually everything. Quite the opposite.

The ref was a bit ameteurish and had his own set of rules, particulary regarding advantage, but there was no bias I could see. Equal to both sides.

Archived