Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I’m feeling a bit sick over all this gushing over Frank. He’s just a geezer trying to make his way, nowt more, nowt less. 

Time will tell if he is a success or not.

what will be, will be. 

alan.gif

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Be a good thing wouldn't it? If he turned his career around and got it back where it looked to be headed at Barnsley in particular

In fairness I think he played his best stuff at Huddersfield. People have sort of forgot that he was genuinely one of the best performing midfielders in the league the season before we bought. He scored 6, got 8 assists and was on average creating 3 chances a game. 

I think he's suffered more than most from the chopping and changing of managers and has lost all confidence.

Taribo is the greatest ever defender to play for the club

Leacock and Addison would have been as good as Rio and Sol with the right coaching. Fagan would have also played for England with the right coaching as England were not blessed with great wingers at that time.

Spurs were right to loan Huddlestone to Wolves

John Gregory would have been as good as Brian Clough or Jim Smith if he was given time, the finances meant he could never implement his own authority on the team.

Arsenal's 07/08 team are the greatest team to have ever played at Pride Park(they would have won the league if Eduardo had not broken his leg)

Martin is better than Vydra. Vydra is useless if the whole team isn't built around him, whilst Martin still contributes with goals, assists and general play if the team isn't suited to his strengths.

Albert Bueno was overrated, he got away with so much because he had a tan and was good looking. On the flip side, Andy Griffen was wrongly scapegoated(people didn't take to him because he had grey hair)

Captains should be required to wear their armbands all the time, even when they are at home.

Oasis, One Direction and the Wanted are by far better than The Beatles

Queen are overrated.

I've got some for you... 

1) Richard Keogh is still our best defender. I like Davies, but Keogh is better. 

2) No one man is bigger than the club? Wrong. Frank Lampard is a giant in football in comparison to our insignificant football club based in a small city in the Midlands. There are actually people in the world who are finding out about us for the first time due to Lampard becoming manager. 

3) Not about football, really, but Nottingham is incomparable to Derby as a City. Nottingham really is nice, Derby really is.. well not. 

4) Hendrick had his moments, but most of the time he was missing and 5-yards off the pace. Hughes is excellent, but is far too passive in games. He wouldn't have made one bit of difference to our finishing position this season. In fact, he probably would have struggled to get a game under Rowett. 

5) Nick Blackman is a better footballer than Andreas Weimann, and it's not even close. 

6) Hanson, I just don't see the point. Bennett shows flashes, at least. Hanson reminds me of when we used to give Doyle and Callum Ball minutes. 

.... the big one 7) I don't think our squad is actually that old - certainly not now Bent, Baird & Shackell have gone. 

21 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

The Kappa kits were the best ones we have had since Patrick in the 80's.....and

I would love us to have a red away strip

That Ron Burgundy away kit with the Sampdoria influenced trim was beautiful.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I've got some for you... 

1) Richard Keogh is still our best defender. I like Davies, but Keogh is better. 

2) No one man is bigger than the club? Wrong. Frank Lampard is a giant in football in comparison to our insignificant football club based in a small city in the Midlands. There are actually people in the world who are finding out about us for the first time due to Lampard becoming manager. 

3) Not about football, really, but Nottingham is incomparable to Derby as a City. Nottingham really is nice, Derby really is.. well not. 

4) Hendrick had his moments, but most of the time he was missing and 5-yards off the pace. Hughes is excellent, but is far too passive in games. He wouldn't have made one bit of difference to our finishing position this season. In fact, he probably would have struggled to get a game under Rowett. 

5) Nick Blackman is a better footballer than Andreas Weimann, and it's not even close. 

6) Hanson, I just don't see the point. Bennett shows flashes, at least. Hanson reminds me of when we used to give Doyle and Callum Ball minutes. 

.... the big one 7) I don't think our squad is actually that old - certainly not now Bent, Baird & Shackell have gone. 

Having spent an equal amount of my life in both cities, this isn't an unpopular opinion, more a statement of cold hard fact.

Which is my unpopular opinion.

32 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Taribo is the greatest ever defender to play for the club

Leacock and Addison would have been as good as Rio and Sol with the right coaching. Fagan would have also played for England with the right coaching as England were not blessed with great wingers at that time.

Spurs were right to loan Huddlestone to Wolves

John Gregory would have been as good as Brian Clough or Jim Smith if he was given time, the finances meant he could never implement his own authority on the team.

Arsenal's 07/08 team are the greatest team to have ever played at Pride Park(they would have won the league if Eduardo had not broken his leg)

Martin is better than Vydra. Vydra is useless if the whole team isn't built around him, whilst Martin still contributes with goals, assists and general play if the team isn't suited to his strengths.

Albert Bueno was overrated, he got away with so much because he had a tan and was good looking. On the flip side, Andy Griffen was wrongly scapegoated(people didn't take to him because he had grey hair)

Captains should be required to wear their armbands all the time, even when they are at home.

Oasis, One Direction and the Wanted are by far better than The Beatles

Queen are overrated.

You do realise the point is to put unpopular opinions that you genuinely believe to me true? Rather than just making stuff up?

Even the Queen one is debatable... everyone loves to say they are rubbish whilst secretly knowing they would sing along with almost all their songs.

15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You do realise the point is to put unpopular opinions that you genuinely believe to me true? Rather than just making stuff up?

Even the Queen one is debatable... everyone loves to say they are rubbish whilst secretly knowing they would sing along with almost all their songs.

Which particular opinion don’t you agree with? The only controversial one that can arguably be disputed is the arsenal one as Man Utd won the champions league and premier league in that season, but for me Arsenal were a beautiful football team. 

I found myself singing Dua Lipa’s “one kiss” after she performed at the champions league final but it doesn’t mean that I like the song, as it’s addictive. The same applies with Queen.

28 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not about football, really, but Nottingham is incomparable to Derby as a City. Nottingham really is nice, Derby really is.. well not. 

Meh, Nottingham’s nice, probably second only to London that I’ve been to but Derby’s not bad. Far worse places like Hull or Birmingham, utter dives.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Which particular opinion don’t you agree with? The only controversial one that can arguably be disputed is the arsenal one as Man Utd won the champions league and premier league in that season, but for me Arsenal were a beautiful football team. 

I found myself singing Dua Lipa’s “one kiss” after she performed at the champions league final but it doesn’t mean that I like the song, as it’s addictive. The same applies with Queen.

Where to start ? 

The Wanted and One Direction??? 

John 'I love me' Gregory?

Captain's wearing armbands to bed??

Bueno...good looking??

Nottingham city is nicer (as someone who lives in Derby city center and who's brother lived in Nottingham city center for a decade) - but Derby's green areas in the city are nicer imo - although less numerous. And Derbyshire is a vastly superior county.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I've got some for you... 

Hughes struggled to get a game under Rowett when he was here, nothing to do with his ability more about the idiot that wasn’t  picking him.   Your opinion of Hendrick is shared by a lot on here, so not really unpopular, for me no coincidence our midfield has not performed as well without him in it.  I think the unpopular opinion is that a lot of  fans couldn’t see what he brought to the team.

1, 5 and 6 I agree with, 2 is not worth discussing as it would depend on who you are asking and how.

3 I agree with the above post, Derby is not about the city centre.

Archived