Best matches ever....oh yes

Owd miner

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I was Always partial to the one nil we had at their place back under Clough Jr. I think we did the double that season.

Bryson got the goal.

Sky were gutted. :D

349299_1.jpg

_63208579_craig_bryson.jpg

My favourite matches for atmosphere, and the shear excitement are Rotherham when we went up in 1985 in the 3rd division to the 2nd division, when we beat Plymouth I think it was 4-2, last home game of our 1986 promotion season, to the then top division 1, also the cup game against Forest when we won 2-0, mr Gemmill scoring a cracking free kick, when we beat place 2-1 in our promotion season to the top division with van der la Laan scoring that winning header, the 5-0 victory over Forest, the winning goal at Wembley against WBA, what Pearson scored, the semi final games against Southampton and Brighton where pride park rocked all night, so so many great games since I have been going since 1979, can I also include games I watched on the tele, not the same though is it, football is so much better when you see it live, the atmosphere, the adrenalin you get from the crowd, the sport is so much better live, and sky sport will NEVER replace that feeling, so glad I am a RAM.

I still remember that cup tie against Chelsea and doubt I'll ever experience an atmosphere like it again.For those who don't remember the BBG it had wooden stands at both ends and one side (prior to Ley Stand).When you got what seemed like the whole ground chanting 'Derby' (followed by 3 stamps on the wooden boards; 3 claps for we popsiders),it was deafening and you knew you were witnessing the start of something special.I always wondered what DM made of it,a guy who experienced the Hampden roar and the European glory nights at the Lane.

Nah then mi Owd Angry Ram... I've seen many classics but I had never seen Derby win there. Fost time i went there where wi mi mam in 1978 . Someone lobbed a pigs head on pitch. Any road why does tha seem to have a problem wi me.... ?

Archived