Callum Robinson

Cam the Ram

Just now, Derbados said:

Different situation to Lawrence though, Lawrence is a premier league player at a successful club whos facilities are probably on par or better than ours, i doubt Lawrence has been screaming from the rooftops that he wants to leave. . .

No offence to Preston here, but i can imagine if we went in for Robinson, he would want the move and player power often gets the deal done. I reckon £4 million maximum and he's be ours 

On the Preston link that's just been posted, there's one post that says the most they could probably offer him is £10k a week, but he won't be on anything near that yet. In that case his pay would be hugely increased and he'd have a better chance of reaching the PL than at Preston. If there's genuine interest I wouldn't be surprised if he said he wanted to leave.

On the forum mentioned the lowest figure a PNE fan would expect is currently £5mil. One even wants £15mil... So far at the lowest estimation, I'd still say that's too expensive.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Different situation to Lawrence though, Lawrence is a premier league player at a successful club whos facilities are probably on par or better than ours, i doubt Lawrence has been screaming from the rooftops that he wants to leave. . .

No offence to Preston here, but i can imagine if we went in for Robinson, he would want the move and player power often gets the deal done. I reckon £4 million maximum and he's be ours 

Doubt we'd get him at £4 million unfortunately. We've appeared to show our hand now the news of a £7 million bid for Lawrence being rejected has been put out. Preston could quite easily say, well, you've bid £7 million for Lawrence and they both scored a similar number of goals last season. Robinson has a year more on his contract than Lawrence and he's also a year younger so they should get at least a £7 million bid for him if not more.

4 minutes ago, Ramble On said:

Clubs will want a premium from us because they know we've got the Hughes/Ince money to spend

This.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Doubt we'd get him at £4 million unfortunately. We've appeared to show our hand now the news of a £7 million bid for Lawrence being rejected has been put out. Preston could quite easily say, well, you've bid £7 million for Lawrence and they both scored a similar number of goals last season. Robinson has a year more on his contract than Lawrence and he's also a year younger so they should get at least a £7 million bid for him if not more.

I see what your saying and its a good point, i just think Lawrence is in a totally different position to Robinson. like @Kernow said he's probably on 10k max at Preston, we would easliy increase his wages. 

Say we offer him 15-17k a week, we offer Preston £4million and Robinson categorically tells them he wants to move. Are they really going to hold onto a player who doesn't want to be there with £4 million being waved under their nose. 

I'm not so sure

53 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Most people on this forum are probably better than Blackman 

Don't set your sights so low. Most on here think they're better than Blackman AND Rowett. If ever we needed a player manager...

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

"We don't need to sell so they should be made to pay well over the odds if they really want him or any of our 1st team players. They take the piss, Birmingham bid 4 million for Aden Flint and Joe Bryan! Arrogance or what?! They can go **** themselves, they finished only 2 places above us with 5 more points than us. "

How is a team trying to improve on their squad by signing a proven Championship player a sign of arrogance? Are we not allowed to bid for any players from clubs who finished below us now then because it's somehow arrogant? :lol:

16 minutes ago, Ramble On said:

Clubs will want a premium from us because they know we've got the Hughes/Ince money to spend

They were skinning us before on the basis of Mel's money so now we have extra dosh from Hughes / Ince sales we are really up against it .

I thought I read that if you buy a player for say £10 mil on a 4 year deal that equates to £2.5 mil a year counting towards expenditure. As SDSR said you can lose £13 mil a year over a 3 year period so a total of £39 mil. This RV and amortisation muddies it a bit so ask Rambler if you want to have your brain blown away ?

There's a already a song for Mrs Robinson.

Easily adapted for Callum: "And here's to you Mr Robinson. Rams all love you more than you will know. Wo wo wo."

Should have all of Pride Park singing along knowingly for once.

And only take a few games after he's joined for the obvious modification to the lyrics.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Alex Neil was at the Hoffenheim game with him rumoured to be looking at one of our players...maybe we could use his target in any deal for Robinson if we are in for him

Alex Pearce ? I'm mentioning him because there was a rumour of him to Preston? 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Alex Neil was at the Hoffenheim game with him rumoured to be looking at one of our players...maybe we could use his target in any deal for Robinson if we are in for him

Scouting exercise i'd have thought, only chance he had to watch us at home before they come to Pride Park during week 2.

50 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ok I will bite, Lawrence is a Premiership reserve- he doesn't play in the premiership according to his stats basically 

5 minutes ago, Half fan said:

There's a already a song for Mrs Robinson.

Easily adapted for Callum: "And here's to you Mr Robinson. Rams all love you more than you will know. Wo wo wo."

Should have all of Pride Park singing along knowingly for once.

And only take a few games after he's joined for the obvious modification to the lyrics.

We could resurrect the song for Marvin Robinson although it probably wasn`t very complementary.    

Good to be linked with some other LW than Lawrence or those young loanees.

None of the are looking like a top, top players so I'd rather wait, try to get the price down or just go what we have at the moment. No point spending money just 'cause it's a possibility.

Archived