Callum Robinson

Cam the Ram

Bugger me......i don't believe it

On 29 May 2017 at 04:06, RamNut said:

Jason mccarthy 21 southampton is a full back / centre back, physically strong. Has just spent a full season on loan at walsall at full back. Seems to prefer full back atm. Scored a few goals. Described as 'outstanding'. Chased by sheffield united. Has one year left on his contract. Can cover more than one position. Is not going to want to go back to u23 football after the year he has had. Southampton may be tempted to sell. The championship is the next logical step for him. 

Liam Lindsay 21 partick thistle . left footed centre back. Emerging talent in scotland. Physiclly strong. 6 foot 4. Good first touch. Good in the air. Scored a few goals. Under contract until summer 2019. linked with Leeds united and promoted bolton. Rated at @£750k. Being tipped for a Scotland call up. 

Grant ward 22 ipswich. Previously on loan with rotherham and originally with spurs. Versatile. Can play as a winger. Can play no10. Has played right wing back and left wing back. Has settled into an central attacking midfield role. Right footed. Scored quite a few from 25 yards +.  “Wardy’s been a really big star for us over the season, to be honest,” McCarthy said. “I think he’s played really well and played in a number of positions".

Callum robinson 22 preston. Formerly with aston villa. Two footed wide striker. Fast. Tricky. Described by Paul Lambert as a natural finisher. Has played for england at every level up to u20. Preston claim there was strong interest in him in january transfer window. “I’ve enjoyed playing as a striker and scoring a few goals. “I like playing anywhere across the front, whether it is down the middle or out on the wing supplying others.”

Ben Brereton 18 forest. Outstanding prospect. Timing is everything if we are to have any chance of signing him. A big bid now might be favourable to the new owner as he is apparently stalling on a new contract with forest. Leave it and he will be off to the Prem.however he surely won't want to go back to reserve football.  Strong. Direct. Good option for a player or players plus cash exchange. Forest need players. We need to get grid of players. An exchange solves the 'don't sell to Derby' problem.  Plays up front but looks like a handfull and a possible attacking midfielder to me.

Having watched our feeble performance v rotherham away where the attacking midfield quartet of ince, bryson, johnson, and russell produced virtually nothing, i would hope that ward, brereton, and robinson with hughes and ince could develop nicely. We need to build with young players around Hughes in my opinion. But if we do lose hughes then ryan ledson is a good option. I'd keep the lynch pins of keogh, thorne, hughes, and nugent or martin to build a new team around. 

ryan ledson 19 oxford, formerly with everton. Very highly rated midfield prospect. Left everton to get more opportunities to play which shows great attitude. Needed to develop physically in order to progress which is just a matter of time. EFL Young Player of the Month for February. Will represent England at the Under-20 World Cup.

6 is more than enough in one transfer window.

2 have gone to barnsley and now finally we are linked with Robinson.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Always thought he'd be a decent signing, providing he doesn't cost too much. Tore Christie a new one at their place last year.

The Rosenborg striker? Class, sign him up whatever the cost.

Hypothetical question: IF Rowett got Nick Blackman playing to the peak of his Reading form, Vydra playing to the peak of his Watford form & Johnny playing to his best would we need to buy anyone? Personally I would much rather see what we have got at this point and wait until January. 

.............................................Carson....................................................

Wisdom.................Keogh.........................Davies...................Forsyth

..............................Huddlestone...................Johnson.......................

Blackman.................................Vydra...................................Russell

.................................................Martin.............................................

Subs: Mitchell - Baird - Pearce - Butterfield - Bryson - Nugent - Weimann

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hypothetical question: IF Rowett got Nick Blackman playing to the peak of his Reading form, Vydra playing to the peak of his Watford form & Johnny playing to his best would we need to buy anyone? Personally I would much rather see what we have got at this point and wait until January. 

.............................................Carson....................................................

Wisdom.................Keogh.........................Davies...................Forsyth

..............................Huddlestone...................Johnson.......................

Blackman.................................Vydra...................................Russell

.................................................Martin.............................................

Subs: Mitchell - Baird - Pearce - Butterfield - Bryson - Nugent - Weimann

Lot of IF'S though, but I like your optimism , we have some good players that have thrived at other clubs and probably could thrive here. Vydra is a definite for me , give him rum in the team he will score. 

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Lot of IF'S though, but I like your optimism , we have some good players that have thrived at other clubs and probably could thrive here. Vydra is a definite for me , give him rum in the team he will score. 

I'm not sure the team should be sinking rum on match day, or any other alcohol!

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

That's a silly response 

Apparently my post is silly. Yet mclovin said the same thing to me in Neymar thread (bet you probably think it's OK for him to say that but not me funny that) here the link to see it yourself. 

Archived