Ryan Kent - Signed for Bristol City on loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what we need, someone who can stretch the right flank like Weimann but is better than Andi on the ball. Still could put him on the left cutting inside too, if Lawrence is injured/unfit. 

Much, much prefer a loan signing like Kent than a permanent like bloody Sako who everyone seems to suggest for some reason.

Kent is a good player. I'd like to see us try and get him on a permanent whilst his stock is low. 

Liverpool put ridiculous clauses in their contacts, mostly with regards to playing time. I don't think we're in a position to guarantee anything, especially with so many players in reasonable, although not amazing, form in his position. 

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Loan cancelled. Made one start and five sub appearances in his time. Friend in the North says that he's going back to Barnsley. 

Who the bloody hell wants to go to Barnsley by choice?? Apart from maybe Michael Parkinson? 

26 minutes ago, irobinson said:

insane  - won't get much development there - see no point

They've developed some in the past. John Stones. Alfie Mawson. By all accounts he played there and developed well last season so I think Liverpool will take a proven method. I'm sure there will be other clubs sniffing. Loan fee involved too I suspect. Although you'd hope Liverpool would prioritise playing time, experience and development over a few hundred £k

Archived