Which teams do you like (and why)?

Hermanshire

38 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Hartlepool United

Had grandparents who lived in Billingham and Stockton

Used to occasionally go to watch them - would have been the late 70s when I was a in my mid teens  

It was astonishing . You could walk around the whole ground during the match.

And at half time most of the crowd moved from behind the goal at  one end to the other 

Remember asking a local, who had a radio,  what the score was at half time for Rams v Man City . "Durrby Coonty ? Who's they ?"

Took my twin sister once at that time. Never forgiven me since. No where for the ladies to go for a wee in the whole ground.

Shame to see them where they are now 

Your Hartlepool reference brought back memories! My first league match as a kid was Pool's 4-4 draw at home to Barrow. Also saw dirty Leeds beat Pool 6-2 in a FA Cup game at the Victoria Ground and a fair bit of during and after match bother ensued!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlfretonRam84 said:

AFC Wimbledon, just because of the history. Also why I hate MK 

Rangers because my Grandads team (From near Glasgow)

Sheffield United, proper team, nice ground, all round like them.

Mansfield Town and Alfreton town, Mansfield bc I was born there and Alfreton bc the local team to me.

Also not strictly on topic but despite being born and raised in England I support the Scottish team (Live with my Grandad who's Scottish and it's rubbed off onto me)

:thumbsup:

The former warehouse manager I worked with in Alfreton would give Jordan Pickford lifts to their matches when he joined on loan, Jordan gave him his last pair of gloves when he left. They might be worth a bob or two in the end if his career goes as it looks it will. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Sheffield United they are a "proper" football club...remind me of Derby, awesome ground, great fans and without question the best football song anthem ever......like a greasy chip butty...

Leeds...I just liked their title winning side

Rangers....because why would anyone like Celtic?

Juve.....I went to see them a bunch in the 90's along with Palermo, Milan and Roma

FC United....Just love what they have done

Tampa Bay Rowdies...they are my home town club now

FC Basel...They used to be my hometown club

Portsmouth....Because I hated Southampton

Millwall...Just to prove to them that someone does like them

Think that about it....wow I have a lot of love to share around...

Would have been quicker to list the clubs you dislike

Leyton Orient - nearest club to where I was born.

Sheffield Wednesday - my dad's team, sadly dead at 47.

Toulouse - my first club on Soccer Manager, anyone still play that?

Augsburg - got lost on the way back from Italy once, ended up there.

Berwick Rangers - because they're not Scottish!

Hellas Verona - the real Verona team.

Used to like Southampton when I lived there, went the Dell a few times in the Channon/Keegan era and Brighton when I moved to Sussex, went to the Goldstone a few times in the late 80's.

Not keen on either of them much anymore, since they got new grounds.

In the premiership, Liverpool. Used to watch them on Sportsnight in those big European games as a youngster. In Scotland...been a Celtic fan almost as long as a Derby fan. I always look out for the Brighton score as I am local to them.

37 minutes ago, TimRam said:

In the premiership, Liverpool. Used to watch them on Sportsnight in those big European games as a youngster. In Scotland...been a Celtic fan almost as long as a Derby fan. I always look out for the Brighton score as I am local to them.

How local? I'm in Worthing.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Sheffield United they are a "proper" football club...remind me of Derby, awesome ground, great fans and without question the best football song anthem ever......like a greasy chip butty...

Leeds...I just liked their title winning side

Rangers....because why would anyone like Celtic?

Juve.....I went to see them a bunch in the 90's along with Palermo, Milan and Roma

FC United....Just love what they have done

Tampa Bay Rowdies...they are my home town club now

FC Basel...They used to be my hometown club

Portsmouth....Because I hated Southampton

Millwall...Just to prove to them that someone does like them

Think that about it....wow I have a lot of love to share around...

Leeds - Have to respect that team.

Rangers - My second team

Juve - Struggling with that a little if I am honest. 

FC United - Football for the fans.

Tampa Bay - Way to go.. Go Rowdies.. Sunshine.

Basel - Lovely place. 

Pompey - Proper football club.

Millwall - As above.

Blackpool - I have good friends who support Blackpool. Like them, I desperately want the Oyscum out.

Volendam FC - spent some time there and have had a soft spot for the club since then.

Club Brugge - first time I ever went to Brugge I spent a couple of hours chatting to some old boys in a pub about Roger Davies and Belgian beer.

Rochdale - went to Spotland once and the stand roof was leaking like a sieve so really felt sorry for them. Since then always hoped they would do well, but they don't.

Barnsley - been a couple of times in recent seasons and always feels like it was 40 years ago going to a football league ground. Too many of the new stadiums are soul-less.

Carlisle - now that's what I call loyal supporters what with the journeys they have to make in a season. 

St Pauli - like what they stand for and their matchday experience was fantastic. Really enjoyed watching them.

Stockport County - liked them since they took Kevin Francis off us.  Used to go and watch them when Derby weren't playing, mainly to see grounds I hadn't been to.  And I really enjoyed watching Francis play...

Millwall: my Grandad's team and, weirdly, I've bucked the national trend and always liked them.

Swansea: their rise has been quite extraordinary. They seem(ed) to be well run and played good football.

Everton: probably my favourite PL club. Just a proper club, with a proper ground and proper fans.

AFC Wimbledon: just, because. Been to quite a few of their matches due to family connections.

Juventus: growing up in the 90s I remember that insane side: Zidane, Del Piero, Davids, Deschamps, Inzaghi and then through the 2000s with Nedved, Thuram etc. They've always been my 'European' side, if there is such a thing.

18 hours ago, eddie said:

Blackpool - I have good friends who support Blackpool. Like them, I desperately want the Oyscum out.

Volendam FC - spent some time there and have had a soft spot for the club since then.

Club Brugge - first time I ever went to Brugge I spent a couple of hours chatting to some old boys in a pub about Roger Davies and Belgian beer.

First time I ever went to Leicester I ended up in the pub talking to a couple of old Leicester fans about Roger Davies.. It must have been the bad beer stopped me having Leicester as my 2nd team...

Archived