Which teams do you like (and why)?

Hermanshire

5 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Right...I've read through this. I don't get it, never have. Mighty Rams only for me. The rest can all do one. Of course the majority just no feeling for and a few just really dislike. Derby County and England for this lifetime. It's been emotional.... 

Sorry Stockers, can only give you one like for that...??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25.7.2017 at 06:59, maydrakin said:

St Pauli - like what they stand for and their matchday experience was fantastic. Really enjoyed watching them.

Stockport County - liked them since they took Kevin Francis off us.  Used to go and watch them when Derby weren't playing, mainly to see grounds I hadn't been to.  And I really enjoyed watching Francis play...

Are you one of the Derby St Pauli massive?
Hoping to go to a game this year, living only a couple of hours away from Hamburg now i dont have much excuse.

On 26/07/2017 at 05:53, jagerbob said:

Are you one of the Derby St Pauli massive?
Hoping to go to a game this year, living only a couple of hours away from Hamburg now i dont have much excuse.

Not sure about that.

Heard about them years ago from a German work colleague and so checked them out when I was in Hamburg a few years back.

Had an atmosphere similar to being at a rock festival and couldn't have been more entertaining.

Whenever I am away, wherever I am, I always try and catch a game, if possible.

For family reasons - Crystal Palace (technically my local team) followed my Dad to seeing the light and following the Rams, 

Dunfermline - mon the Pars!

FC Barcelona - Until we're back in Europe, Barca are the team I'll support. Rijkaard's team was glorious - Deco a magician

AC Milan - don't know why, but it started a couple of years ago when they were fairly rubbish. A sleeping giant.

Víkingur (Reykjavík)  My childhood local team

Borussia Mönchengladbach  Started following them in the eighties, usually have very cool kits too

Inter Milan  Can't explain why

Bournemouth out of sheer admiration for what this tiny club has achieved

Telford because i have taken them straight up to the Championship in Manager

Northampton Can't explain why, maybe it's the name, maybe because they never achieve anything, i just like em

10 hours ago, needles said:

Derby County.

And Derby County age group teams.

When I moved out to Spain people would ask me which team I support, after already going through all the "obvious" ones. After telling them Derby County they would then ask which was my second team. After several minutes of explaining that I don't have "second teams" I ended up saying Derby County reserves (as they were then), followed by Derby County youth team and if I needed a fourth Derby County ladies. Still didn't stop some d**khead from saying "but apart from Derby County?" ??

On 7/24/2017 at 17:15, MuespachRam said:

Sheffield United they are a "proper" football club...remind me of Derby, awesome ground, great fans and without question the best football song anthem ever......like a greasy chip butty...

Leeds...I just liked their title winning side

Rangers....because why would anyone like Celtic?

Juve.....I went to see them a bunch in the 90's along with Palermo, Milan and Roma

FC United....Just love what they have done

Tampa Bay Rowdies...they are my home town club now

FC Basel...They used to be my hometown club

Portsmouth....Because I hated Southampton

Millwall...Just to prove to them that someone does like them

Think that about it....wow I have a lot of love to share around...

Did you miss Liverpool off on purpose?

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool - Despite the fact they always gave us a good hiding in the 80's/90's, you couldn't help but admire how they played.  Plus I loved Fowler, Owen, Gerrard & Carragher.

Port Vale - No other reason than I did amazing with them on old versions of Champ Man.

Burton - Well run club, and local.

Salford City - Really enjoyed the two documentaries on them.  

On 7/25/2017 at 01:44, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Barcelona - started watching them in the Rijkaard era and they've been my 2nd favourite team ever since. Baffles me when people call them "boring".

Used to also watch Roma quite a lot when Italian football was good. Saw them lose in the Roma end at Middlesbrough in the Uefa Cup, funny experience.

Mate, when they were doing the tiki taka, I started painting walls and growing grass (hehe).

Matlock Town - Of course.

Chesterfield Town - I remember talking to a Millwall Town idiot with them saying they didn't like going to Chesterfield because they got a right good match... Saltergate. Where I learnt how to drink and sh@g.

Burton Albion - Indelibly linked with the Clough name and dream progression, where the England football excellence is located, is local, and will clearly be bought up by a richer man than I and be a European force in the future.

Hartlepool Town - No idea why. Maybe because they were always s**** and they knew they were. Sorta nice kit. Monkeys.

York City - How can such an awesome city, (with a wall and a minster and everything), have such an underperforming football team?

Woking, my local club.

Arsenal, if I had to pick a 'big club'. One side of my family supported them, they play nice football, I used to love Henry and Bergkamp when younger.

I have a soft spot for any team I've had a great career with on Football Manager, as well.

Derby County, because I am a Derbyshire girl and they have been my only team since 1974. 

Liverpool, because of Stevie Heighway,  John Toshack and Alun Evans  - first team I remember cheering on in front of the tv . Still enjoy watching them today.

Alfreton Town, because they were the first team I regularly watched live.

Brechin City, because you have to have a Scottish favourite.  Got their colours, follow their results but never seen them live (one day.)

48 minutes ago, angieram said:

Brechin City, because you have to have a Scottish favourite.  Got their colours, follow their results but never seen them live (one day.)

Lovely Hedge down one touchline. Friendly club. Brilliant golf course not far from the ground. Don't go up Dec - Feb, it may be a touch cold...?

35 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Lovely Hedge down one touchline. Friendly club. Brilliant golf course not far from the ground. Don't go up Dec - Feb, it may be a touch cold...?

We watched their play off final with Alloa on tv - couldn't understand the commentary but it was a great game, very open and no-one diving around or feigning injury - great game. Brechin won - of course! 

On 25 July 2017 at 17:33, uttoxram75 said:

Good grief- Leeds and Juventus mentioned in this thread...the worlds going to hell in a handcart.

Right on Utch!

I recall how Manny Cousins treated Lord Brian. (The Damned United underplayed reality!)

Juventus had the ref in their pocket (and changing room at HT!) to cheat the Rams out of a European Cup final!

We 67 year olds have long memories for some things!?

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

We watched their play off final with Alloa on tv - couldn't understand the commentary but it was a great game, very open and no-one diving around or feigning injury - great game. Brechin won - of course! 

Haha, was it on bbc Alba? Good luck understanding anything on there. Brechins other claim to fame was having "the hitman and her" Pete Waterman and Michela Strachan, doing the show from Scotland's 1st superclub "Flix". 

I thought they would really struggle this season, but they held their own against Dundee utd last week. There's a decent amount of big clubs in the championship and they are akin to Burton in the English championship. 

Luton Town - family connections. 

Southampton - the '76 Cup final when everyone supported Man U.

Palermo - Italian ancestry and pink shirts. 

St Pauli - for the skull and crossbones. 

Bristol Rovers - had a weird random dream about them once. 

St Mirren - youthful unrequited love for someone from Paisley. 

Archived