v Kaiserslautern Match Thread

Day

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Can't get the stream to work. Was ok until half time but not since then, but I am on my jollies in Italy with naff wifi.  What's going on?  How have we looked second half?

Had a penalty shout and a goal disallowed for offside that looked onside, but didn't create much other than that. Kaiserslautern made some early subs in the 2nd half and the fresh legs got them on top, but the defence and midfield did really well and Carson barely had a save to make. 

First half we were very good. Tired in the second and didn't think the subs were upto much. Hard to come straight into a game and get in the flow. 

They were very poor IMO. Not as bigger test as GR would have wanted I'd imagine. Donny looked twice the side!

If they put in that much effort every game this season, I'm all for a midfield 3 of Huddlestone, Butterfield and Johnson. Really impressed with Butterfield today, worked hard, was always looking to get us on the attack and he did really well defensively.

Just now, Kinder said:

Thanks Cam. Do you reckon that's the midfield 3 to start then?

Just posted about the midfield 3 before seeing this, but yeah I think it is. Huddlestone did his job perfectly, Johnson was putting in tackles all over the pitch (gave away about 10 free kicks, but oh well :lol:) and Butterfield was always looking to get the attacks started and won a surprising number of tackles as well.

Lots of positives...

Impressed by fitness level.

Good game management in second half.

Looked like a well-drilled team. 

Pearce back to his best.  Butters looked good.

(Good ball management by the ball-boys too)! 

Can't wait for season to start!

Can't fault anyone, I'm sure they'll be one or two along soon to nitpick.

Its preseason..... games under the belt. 

Archived