Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Srg said:

Surprised Toral is proving more difficult than Lawrence.

Me too. Can only imagine perhaps Arsenal are asking for an unrealistic fee. Would make sense considering Rowett's quotes that we've put in 'competitive bids' which haven't been successful

Sounds like wenger being s bit of s c**k tbh. Looking at Gibbs who they want over 10 million for who is nowhere near that and jenkinson im sure i saw 20 million who hasn't really done anything in the prem. Also sanchez 90 million last year contract. I think they have ripped off in the past and now they trying to be more hard ball in which teams won't pay it and he'll lose out on millions to replace. Toral's position in which is no 10 isn't priority for us anyway as it the wingers we need ASAP so this one we can leave to bide its time in which terms they will get desperate to demands as its 2 million on another target or 2 million in the reserves or out on loan again burning down another year of contract and lowering fee demands

37 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If these 2 come off I'll be satisfied with out summer transfer dealings, even though I think ideally we need one more winger - playing one of Blackman, Russell, Weimann or Bennett down the right isn't the end of the world  .

Don't pigeonhole Toral as just a no. 10 though, played a lot deeper at Rangers and I trust Rowett has something in mind.

8 minutes ago, Rample said:

If these 2 come off I'll be satisfied with out summer transfer dealings, even though I think ideally we need one more winger - playing one of Blackman, Russell, Weimann or Bennett down the right isn't the end of the world  .

Don't pigeonhole Toral as just a no. 10 though, played a lot deeper at Rangers and I trust Rowett has something in mind.

He could well be imagining Toral as the most attacking midfielder in a three, someone hopefully with the energy to burst past Martin but be good enough on the ball to help us control the middle.

10 minutes ago, Rample said:

I think Vydra could be the third forward with Lawrence and Martin. 

That would constitute real threat.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I think Vydra could be the third forward with Lawrence and Martin. 

That would constitute real threat.

If we play vydra in the hole we'd either need Thorne to be fit or to buy another cm who can sit and help control a game alongside huddlestone. Otherwise we'd run into serious problems in midfield.

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

If we play vydra in the hole we'd either need Thorne to be fit or to buy another cm who can sit and help control a game alongside huddlestone. Otherwise we'd run into serious problems in midfield.

You could well be right. However, with a strong back six and Huddlestone's ability to switch play quickly, having pace and dynamism in Torah and a front three of Vydra, Lawrence and Martin would keep most sides occupied.

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

You could well be right. However, with a strong back six and Huddlestone's ability to switch play quickly, having pace and dynamism in Torah and a front three of Vydra, Lawrence and Martin would keep most sides occupied.

Ahh  I think I misunderstood you, are you suggesting playing a 433 with vydra as one of the three ? If so I could see that potentially working. I thought you were talking about playing him in the hole as part of the three in a 4231

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

There seems to be a bit of confusion here

Any starting line up for the start of the season WILL have Russell in it - Unless something monumentally odd happens this week

This suggests Arsenal are asking for a large fee - probably not eye watering but big. Rowett will say "we're interested, here's what we can offer" and then wait. Arsenal aren't likely to find a buyer (if they do fair enough) and will hopefully come back and say ok.

This is a situation where we could overspend now, or wait and see. Like the new approach to transfers

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

There seems to be a bit of confusion here

Any starting line up for the start of the season WILL have Russell in it - Unless something monumentally odd happens this week

You are probably right but answer me this. Had Russell intercepted that back pass on Saturday and not Vydra, how confident would you have been of a goal?

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

You are probably right but answer me this. Had Russell intercepted that back pass on Saturday and not Vydra, how confident would you have been of a goal?

Less so

However watching the game I wasn't confident of Vydra scoring it either - He missed a few chances last season you would expect an instinctive striker to score - And there were a few times he went for a pass rather than a shot where someone like Martin or Nugent would have gone for goal

I think both Vydra AND Russell had their confidence shot to pieces last season and I expect to see better of them this season - However I expect Russell to be used primarily on the wing and Vydra primarily through the middle - I don't see them competing for a position

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You are right of course, and that's part of why we fail

We finished a strong 3rd place with Russell, Ward, Bamford and Dawkins as our wingers - Whilst I would LOVE to have that combination back now I don't see Russell as the weak link in that 4 and I don't see him as anything but the best of our wingers now

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Less so

However watching the game I wasn't confident of Vydra scoring it either - He missed a few chances last season you would expect an instinctive striker to score - And there were a few times he went for a pass rather than a shot where someone like Martin or Nugent would have gone for goal

I think both Vydra AND Russell had their confidence shot to pieces last season and I expect to see better of them this season - However I expect Russell to be used primarily on the wing and Vydra primarily through the middle - I don't see them competing for a position

We finished a strong 3rd place with Russell, Ward, Bamford and Dawkins as our wingers - Whilst I would LOVE to have that combination back now I don't see Russell as the weak link in that 4 and I don't see him as anything but the best of our wingers now

Let's hope not. He tries but ultimately not good enough, like some others in the team. He's probably kept around these days because he's good in the dressing room. If he doesn't leave this summer, he most likely will in January because his contract expires next year so we will lose him on a free.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Let's hope not. He tries but ultimately not good enough, like some others in the team. He's probably kept around these days because he's good in the dressing room. If he doesn't leave this summer, he most likely will in January because his contract expires next year so we will lose him on a free.

When you say he's good in the dressing room, do you mean he's always looking for the one to drop the soap??

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not going to continue this as I feel it's just another chance for you to unleash your random Russell-bashing on yet another thread

Archived