Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

My mate in hull is telling me he's available for about 6m-ish

He's not #itk not am I, however if that price was about the right mark and derby missed out if be disappointed. We may not be interested though.

I know wages etc comes into it too, that's why Boro will probably win any auction in my opinion. 

If we are interested and we don't secure his services I wonder if we will look at the remaining options, expensive loan players like snodgrass or McCormack. Maybe sticking with what we've have is enough? Id say we still need more goals from wide.

I presume (hope) we are still interested in Kent?

I'm confused (not difficult). Is your mate saying he's available for 6m-ish (is he any good?) or are we still talking about Jota? If he's referring to Jota then how credible is an assertion from someone in Hull (not that close to Brentford last time I checked) who's not ITK?

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm confused (not difficult). Is your mate saying he's available for 6m-ish (is he any good?) or are we still talking about Jota? If he's referring to Jota then how credible is an assertion from someone in Hull (not that close to Brentford last time I checked) who's not ITK?

I'm guessing he hasd spent time trawling his equivalent forum, and shared what he found. As I said in my post he's not ITK however if Boro have started bidding by offering 4.5m I'd imagine that 6m might not be a million miles away from an agreed price.

I honestly can't see this happening. We've paid anywhere from £5-7 million for Lawrence.

Doesn't signing our top target for the window leave us with enough to compete? And if not, why not?

Do we really need Jota too? It would seem to be ostentatious on our part to go out and spend big money again.

Jota's an exciting player, no doubt, but have we learned nothing from the spending sprees of previous years?

We almost always get our fingers burnt.

53 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Why? Forestieri would cost a lot more, has attitude problems and only managed to equal Jota's goal tally last season despite playing much more than him.

Forestieri seems to have a bit more pace about him and he's in the top 5 for goals scored over the last couple of seasons in the champ - higher than Jota I think. Plus with the issues he seems to be having at wednesday atm they might be willing to let him go a bit cheaper just to get rid. He's not as important to Wednesday as Jota is to Brentford so I don't think there would be too much difference in price between them despite the difference in contract length

People saying we have enough already make me laugh. If we want to challenge for promotion we need to sign 1-2 more players before the window shuts. we need a strong and pacey striker and a tricky goal scoring wide player. In my opinion Weimann nor Russell or Bennett are starting 11 players, Maybe in lesser teams they would be. With Vydra now looking like he is going to be GR's plans for the season i can see him hitting 10+ goals this year. With the addition of Lawrence we have a tricky, creative and goal scoring player, But we cant depend on him to get the majority of our goals. If we got a player like Jota in and played him along side Vydra and Lawrence i believe we would have enough to go up, with Russell and Weimann on the bench we would have some decent impact subs. Nugent would be my choice over Martin purely because he looks a threat and works alot harder. But i would like a pacey and powerful striker like Dicko or Afobe. Which the acquisitions we have made so far 3/4 really bolster our defending attributes, which pretty much has buggered us for the last 3/4 seasons. I think with 2 more positive signings we could win the league if we remain consistent. 

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

People saying we have enough already make me laugh. If we want to challenge for promotion we need to sign 1-2 more players before the window shuts. we need a strong and pacey striker and a tricky goal scoring wide player. In my opinion Weimann nor Russell or Bennett are starting 11 players, Maybe in lesser teams they would be. With Vydra now looking like he is going to be GR's plans for the season i can see him hitting 10+ goals this year. With the addition of Lawrence we have a tricky, creative and goal scoring player, But we cant depend on him to get the majority of our goals. If we got a player like Jota in and played him along side Vydra and Lawrence i believe we would have enough to go up, with Russell and Weimann on the bench we would have some decent impact subs. Nugent would be my choice over Martin purely because he looks a threat and works alot harder. But i would like a pacey and powerful striker like Dicko or Afobe. Which the acquisitions we have made so far 3/4 really bolster our defending attributes, which pretty much has buggered us for the last 3/4 seasons. I think with 2 more positive signings we could win the league if we remain consistent. 

I love your optimism.

I also agree that we are a bit short of goals. I just can't see Rusell or Weimann scoring enough to keep us at the top when Martin, Vydra or Nugent aren't. 

3 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I love your optimism.

I also agree that we are a bit short of goals. I just can't see Rusell or Weimann scoring enough to keep us at the top when Martin, Vydra or Nugent aren't. 

I think thats the whole point of his post

8 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Agree with pretty much all of your post, for the record QPR have been linked with Dicko so he could be available, I think Afobe has been in Bournemouth's team so would be unlikely.

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not bovvered. Would rather get a 'young Bryson' midfielder in.

Off topic, but John McGinn at Hibs. Tackler who can pass and has a decent shot on him. 

Rangers won't sign him, and Celtic don't need him. He's too expensive for the rest of the SPL.  

Archived