Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

You think............................. Rowett really wanted him ???????????????????

Speaking on BBC Radio Derby's Sportscene programme, Rowett said: "At this moment in time, Chris Martin is our player and I fully expect him to be here next season."

"I've read some reports recently that I'm imminently going to sell him, but that's certainly not the case.

"I had a good conversation with him...It was a case of: Look, can't wait to get you back, hopefully you're looking forward to coming back, your Derby County's player until someone says otherwise. 

"I told him one or two things that we'd like to try and do next year, I told him how we see him as part of that, and he seemed really enthused by what we were talking about."

5 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

And that moment in time has passed, in my opinion........................I just wish some club would test our resolve with an offer of north of £3 million

Good idea, put our whole season on nugent staying fit, playing 2-3 times a week for 90 mins and score all the goals. I guess you'd want to spunk a fair few million on an unknown gamble? Do you ring up the Monday night phone in? 

Theres a place in the team for both Nuge and Martin plus another, it's a long old season and some games we will want 2 strikers on when chasing a goal switching from 4231 to 4132.

7 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

And that moment in time has passed, in my opinion........................I just wish some club would test our resolve with an offer of north of £3 million

How far north of 3m? Chris Wood has just gone for 15m + add ons, not too different type or quality to Martin imo, only major difference is 3 years in age

8 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

If we let him go for anywhere near £3m I would seriously question the intelligence of MM and GR and I don't expect to be doing that .

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Good idea, put our whole season on nugent staying fit, playing 2-3 times a week for 90 mins and score all the goals. I guess you'd want to spunk a fair few million on an unknown gamble? Do you ring up the Monday night phone in? 

Theres a place in the team for both Nuge and Martin plus another, it's a long old season and some games we will want 2 strikers on when chasing a goal switching from 4231 to 4132.

I didn't say gamble our whole season on Nugent, but I would prefer to bring in a younger, hungry forward to hopefully challenge Nugent's place.

I definitely do not want Martin ........................ his time has passed, and in my opinion the sooner we realise he will never be the goal scorer he was the better. 

What seems to be the problem with everybody about Chris Martin? He cost the club nothing...scored plenty of goals...assissted in more...made the club money by actually going out on loan...is probably one of the best centre forwards of his type in the league...and is part of a very good trio of strikers with Nugent and Vydra. It was not to long ago people were saying we have no plan B. Well we have now cos all 3 are very different. If we buy better then fine...but it will cost a fair wad of cash to replace Martin.

Archived