Jota - Signed for Birmingham City

Curtains

22 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really hate to discuss Jota on such an inappropriate thread but given their current situation, do folk not think they'll be desperate to hang onto him? 

Well if you must change the subject...

If he wants to go they'll have to cash in now or lose him for nowt. So I'd imagine they'll look at offers definitely. If they want playoffs again then they'll have to replace him same day unless Ollie Watkins was his replacement.

They're probably not too worried about a bad start - can happen to even the greatest of great teams. ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really hate to discuss Jota on such an inappropriate thread but given their current situation, do folk not think they'll be desperate to hang onto him? 

It could end up just coming down to player power. We've seen it work for us in the past (Thorne, Shackell) and also times when it hasn't (Forestieri, Antonio). Can a Championship club afford to reject an offer of 6 or 7 million for a player in the last year of his deal? I'm not so sure. 

I'm pretty certain it won't happen though. We still have way too many wingers on our books and with every day we move closer to the window closing his price will just be going up as they'll have less time to replace their best player.

14 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Disappointingly, Rowetts just stated "I'm happy with what we've got" in regards to transfers. 

I think it's safe to say we aren't going to be spending millions on Jota or anyone else for that matter unfortunately :(

Ever played poker before?

7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

How far north of 3m? Chris Wood has just gone for 15m + add ons, not too different type or quality to Martin imo, only major difference is 3 years in age

It pains me to move away from the player this thread is about, but just to clarify - Martin and Wood are very different types of forward. Wood is athletic, and runs around a lot with a hard shot, but doesn't possess much in the way of technical ability or good hold up play. Literally the opposite of Chris Martin

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Middlesboro have bid £4m for Jota and had it turned down ,Hull have now bid and joined the chase .Brentford have said it would take a massive bid for him to move .£35k a week wages mooted also .In the papers today.

We need a midfielder and jota is more of a right wing player, so not a priority for me.

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Middlesboro have bid £4m for Jota and had it turned down ,Hull have now bid and joined the chase .Brentford have said it would take a massive bid for him to move .£35k a week wages mooted also .In the papers today.

£5m + Russell, Butterfield & the tea lady should do it. Welcome Jota.

Like I've said before, the longer this goes on. The more likely we are to sign him. 

Brentford want him to go to a Premier League team so they get the best deal and they aren't seen to be selling to a league rival. 

But with Boro & Hull now looking to come in for him, think we need to start pushing Brentford for a sale. 

£7m should be enough for him in the last year of his contract. 

Archived