Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

4 minutes ago, David said:

This topic is for forum issues for example emojis not working, logging in problems, pages not loading etc. Issues that need fixing.

Until I asked on here I didn't know why my post wasn't working. I asked in good faith; it's not my fault that the answer happened to be yet more censorship.

There was no intention to circumvent the rules, so your suggestion that I go elsewhere is merely a personally directed remark. Isn't that also against the rules?

Thank you for your help. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Alternatively you could await for a moderator to be able to look at the post, and decide whether or not it can be approved, without the need to get all snotty. 

It was suggested by David that I edit the post. 

I suggest that the 'snottiness' did not originate from me. 

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

It was suggested by David that I edit the post. 

I suggest that the 'snottiness' did not originate from me. 

He did not suggest that. He gave you a reason why it was hidden and explained that if it did not contain a certain word then it would not have been stopped from being live immediately from the forum. The first post that had any snottiness is the one I quoted. 

5 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

A couple of times now I've seen a number (so far it's either 1 or 2) at the bottom of a quoted post. Not an issue as such but it seems strange.

Edit: My cutting reply to you on the topic of arse-wiping also appears to have duplicated in the form of a quote with a number 1 on the bottom.

Arse-wiping should clearly be categorised as a number 2.

It ain't rocket science.  Get yer act together, mods!!  

4 hours ago, Lambchop said:

The post was a quote about the reasons why their board are unlikely to appoint someone more innovative like Jokanovic.

The content was not political at all, so your filter is now restricting the discussion of football. 

I made a post yesterday, also football related and non political. It too contained the B word, and also turned pink, which I kind of expected.

It was then deleted permanently.

While I appreciate this isn't the area to discuss such issues, I did use the contact us button to query why my post had been consigned to history, but had no response, seeing as I didn't get a response there maybe I'll get one here.

Tbf, I was a bit pissed, so maybe it was offensive in a different way.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

While I appreciate this isn't the area to discuss such issues, I did use the contact us button to query why my post had been consigned to history, but had no response, seeing as I didn't get a response there maybe I'll get one here.

I emailed you back last night at 11.06pm

1 hour ago, David said:

I emailed you back last night at 11.06pm

Kinell I never check emails, that's why I've got 13000+ in my inbox!

Just checked and didn't receive it.

Edited by reveldevil
Checked eMail

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Anyway @David, why email me and not use the Private Message service your forum provides?

You sent a message using the contact form which emails me directly, had you sent a private message I would have replied through that instead.

16 minutes ago, David said:

You sent a message using the contact form which emails me directly, had you sent a private message I would have replied through that instead.

Definitely nothing in my email, doesn't matter now as I can't even remember what thread it was or the contents of my post.

Probably horribly racist, I'm guessing.

29 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Definitely nothing in my email, doesn't matter now as I can't even remember what thread it was or the contents of my post.

Probably horribly racist, I'm guessing.

Occasionally we have to moderate language such as racial epithets (not suggesting for one second your post was like that, honestly I never had a chance to read it) just to keep the forum happy and advertiser friendly. I know people don't like having their freedom of expression challenged but it's nothing personal or a sense of humour failure. It's just an attempt to keep our buddies at Google onside. 

Not sure if this is the right place but in my opinion some kind of forum etiquette needs to be installed on here. Not talking about bans for using racist,  homophobic articles or deleting posts that contravene forum guidelines on politics or religion but moderating members behaviours.

As an example when I run meetings at work I set up meeting etiquette rules such as arrive to the meeting on time, turn off mobiles, come prepared, do not talk over other people when they are talking etc as a professional courtesy to the other attendees.

Same thing to translate to this forum, treat other members with respect, do not deliberately points score or deliberately patronise or belittle other posters views etc. 

Any thoughts? I know it's an open forum but my word there are some folks on here who don't know how to conduct themselves or behave in an appropriate manner.

Edited by Inglorius

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Not sure if this is the right place but in my opinion some kind of forum etiquette needs to be installed on here. Not talking about bans for using racist,  homophobic articles or deleting posts that contravene forum guidelines on politics or religion but moderating members behaviours.

As an example when I run meetings at work I set up meeting etiquette rules such as arrive to the meeting on time, turn off mobiles, come prepared, do not talk over other people when they are talking etc as a professional courtesy to the other attendees.

Same thing to translate to this forum, treat other members with respect, do not deliberately points score or deliberately patronise or belittle other posters views etc. 

Any thoughts? I know it's an open forum but my word there are some folks on here who don't know how to conduct themselves or behave in an appropriate manner.

Shurrup!

No! No! I’m joking!

i think you’re right, people say things to others on the forum that they wouldn’t say to them face to face.

Maybe some would, but you’d find that they wouldn’t have many friends left to say it too who would let them talk to them like that.

Hopefully this is a nice place to visit, but it will always upset some folk. All we can ask is that if you are truly upset by something you have read then report it.

It helps me, and also the other less hard working mods and that David too.

I've deployed a temporary fix for embedded tweets which were breaking the site container when using iOS Safari browser, I've checked on both iPhone XS and Google Pixel 3 and all seems to be fine, if they look a bit wonky on your phone can you post a screenshot and tell me what phone you are using, thanks!