Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

1 minute ago, McRamFan said:

When I click on a notification, such as your reply to the cat debate, it does not go to the reply.  This has happened three times, to to replys/quotes one to a like.

Which browser/device are you using, appears to be working fine on my side

Just thinking out loud... really not a biggy, but it could be a slight improvement (in my opinion)...

The timing of posts... A few days ago shows the date only.  Earlier today just gives the hint of  "1 hr ago" or "3hrs ago" etc.

Timing can be critical... particularly on match days!  "Did he post that before our late winner, or after?"  "Was that post made before or after the red card?"  "Did he post that before I posted the same thing in a different thread?" etc.

Even with the "5 days ago", we have to count back, to work out what day that was.  Matchday?  The day before?  The day after?  Was it just after midnight (3 hours after a game) or late that evening (24 hours after the game)?

Can the posts therefore show day, date and time, or is the current approximation the best we can hope for? 

...not asking for a friend... for obvious reasons!

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just thinking out loud... really not a biggy, but it could be a slight improvement (in my opinion)...

The timing of posts... A few days ago shows the date only.  Earlier today just gives the hint of  "1 hr ago" or "3hrs ago" etc.

Timing can be critical... particularly on match days!  "Did he post that before our late winner, or after?"  "Was that post made before or after the red card?"  "Did he post that before I posted the same thing in a different thread?" etc.

Even with the "5 days ago", we have to count back, to work out what day that was.  Matchday?  The day before?  The day after?  Was it just after midnight (3 hours after a game) or late that evening (24 hours after the game)?

Can the posts therefore show day, date and time, or is the current approximation the best we can hope for? 

...not asking for a friend... for obvious reasons!

Hover over where it says how long ago the post was made and it will show the date and time a post was made.

Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 18.03.19.jpeg

7 minutes ago, David said:

Hover over where it says how long ago the post was made and it will show the date and time a post was made.

Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 18.03.19.jpeg

Jeez!

It's like you are some sort of mystical Wizard with powers beyond earthly comprehension.

This forum just gets fantasticer and amazinger by the hour!

Can I have my ashes scattered here?*... it's like my new favouritest place to be!

*Don't need an answer straight away, but get back to me next week... just in case!

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Genuine question, cos i don't know the answer, i can hover on PC, cos i have to for prediction timings, i don't have a clue how to hover on android phone, is it even possible? 

Not possible on phones no. It’s not something I would be able to change either as it’s deep deep down in the code.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

On mine it has the time already, @mozza

Screenshot_20190225-163505.jpg

Alright clever clogs! 

Think it reverts to the time after 24hrs, which the predictions are totted up before. 

No way to find the time like you can by hovering the mouse on desktop.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Pictures not showing up in the O'Notts Forest thread (I assume it will be the case across all threads). I think it may be something to do with my laptop being slow today, but I'm not sure if the change to the way in which the pictures load has sped up the process.

Which page, just had a look at the last few and couldn't see any which should be loading, also checked the what are you eating thread and all images are showing fine in there

11 minutes ago, David said:

Which page, just had a look at the last few and couldn't see any which should be loading, also checked the what are you eating thread and all images are showing fine in there

A post by 86Points saying 'we told you to mind the gap lads'. I don't think it's a forum issue, more of a combination of my laptop being slow and the new loading system for attachments. 

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

A post by 86Points saying 'we told you to mind the gap lads'. I don't think it's a forum issue, more of a combination of my laptop being slow and the new loading system for attachments. 

It's a large gif, does load but takes a few seconds. If you're on a slow connection probably why

• 4 weeks later...

I took a pic on my 'phone at the fans forum the other night, and posted it on here, all live at the scene, and all worked smoothly.

Tried to do the same today, as I arrived at the stadium on my bike, but it came up with a message about maximum pic sizes (hinting at my pic being too large).  All on the same mobile.

Now the internet/4G/signal thing was obviously slow, as it always is in and around the stadium (at least on match day), so would this be the cause, or have I done something wrong (even though the process was exactly the same as the other night.

????