Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

1 minute ago, David said:

Leave it with me now. Bit late and my brain has gone into shutdown mode. Will look tomorrow 

Of course.  Fully understood.

You've already gone above and beyond, and it's all very much appreciated.

Shall we resume tomorrow... say 05:00 hours!  (Insert winking smiley, to denote bantz!)  

*Thank grandson for teaching me the term "bantz"!

@Mucker1884 more tests for you.

Can you try on your mobile, if they don't work let me know what phone you are on.

Also are your Windows 10 updates up to date?

I've been speaking with the developers and I'm told it could be down to an older device which is not been updated. 

4 hours ago, David said:

@Mucker1884 more tests for you.

Can you try on your mobile, if they don't work let me know what phone you are on.

Also are your Windows 10 updates up to date?

I've been speaking with the developers and I'm told it could be down to an older device which is not been updated. 

Hi David,

All is ok on mobile (iphone 6s).

Still as before on this laptop.  Windows is regularly updated and currently showing as all up to date.

I shouldn't worry, as it's evidently a problem at this end.  As I don't have similar problems on other sites, I thought it was worth a mention?

Appreciate your efforts, of course.  

A couple of times now I've seen a number (so far it's either 1 or 2) at the bottom of a quoted post. Not an issue as such but it seems strange.

Edit: My cutting reply to you on the topic of arse-wiping also appears to have duplicated in the form of a quote with a number 1 on the bottom.

Edited by BurtonRam7

Just now, Lambchop said:

Tried to post something twice now in the Stoke thread, and it's turned pink and says 'hidden'. 

What's going on with that?

We have auto moderation in place for certain words. One of which the political B.

Just now, David said:

We have auto moderation in place for certain words. One of which the political B.

The post was a quote about the reasons why their board are unlikely to appoint someone more innovative like Jokanovic.

The content was not political at all, so your filter is now restricting the discussion of football. 

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

The post was a quote about the reasons why their board are unlikely to appoint someone more innovative like Jokanovic.

The content was not political at all, so your filter is now restricting the discussion of football. 

The post also contained the political B word which is why the auto moderation flagged it. 

If you was just to post the Jokanovic part of the post it would not be flagged.

2 minutes ago, David said:

If you was just to post the Jokanovic part of the post it would not be flagged.

I'll have a look at it again to see if it can be edited and still make sense without the analogy. 

Alternatively, I suppose you could just recognise that it's not a political post and approve it?

What a palaver. 

Just now, Lambchop said:

I'll have a look at it again to see if it can be edited and still make sense without the analogy. 

Alternatively, I suppose you could just recognise that it's not a political post and approve it?

What a palaver. 

This topic is for forum issues for example emojis not working, logging in problems, pages not loading etc. Issues that need fixing.

We are aware that several users do not like the rule changes but they are in force and we ask all members to respect those whilst on this forum, alternatively other forums are available.

15 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

What a palaver. 

Alternatively you could await for a moderator to be able to look at the post, and decide whether or not it can be approved, without the need to get all snotty.