Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

August 2014, not directly through PayPal though. Card payment with a PayPal reference and a mention of Dave! If it wasn't you....... then it must have been someone else. ?Unless that was the tee shirt ?

Might a been another Dave for services rendered?

I think you could donate again? Not sure ?

Have to say, this forum is excellent...

I click on "Unread Content", then I can pick & choose the threads, taking me straight to where I left off.  No need to trawl through threads I'm not interested in (or plain nosy about!), and no need to trawl through posts I've already read (unless I deliberately need to go back to remind me).

Now, of course, "Excellent" is not quite the same as "Perfect", as I'm sure our board of directors would agree, so what I'd really... really, really... like to see, is some sort of reminder/confirmation to let me know whether I have already posted my prediction for the next/upcoming game... as it's really pissing me off that I can never remember, and have to trawl through pages and pages of everybody's frankly ridiculous score predictions, just to double check whether mine's already done or not!

I bet there's absolutely no chance of our so-called IT Bods coming up with anything like that, though.  Much too difficult, I'd have thought!

What do others think?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have to say, this forum is excellent...

I click on "Unread Content", then I can pick & choose the threads, taking me straight to where I left off.  No need to trawl through threads I'm not interested in (or plain nosy about!), and no need to trawl through posts I've already read (unless I deliberately need to go back to remind me).

Now, of course, "Excellent" is not quite the same as "Perfect", as I'm sure our board of directors would agree, so what I'd really... really, really... like to see, is some sort of reminder/confirmation to let me know whether I have already posted my prediction for the next/upcoming game... as it's really pissing me off that I can never remember, and have to trawl through pages and pages of everybody's frankly ridiculous score predictions, just to double check whether mine's already done or not!

I bet there's absolutely no chance of our so-called IT Bods coming up with anything like that, though.  Much too difficult, I'd have thought!

What do others think?

Then let me educate you.

Below is a screenshot from my Unread Content, now you see the third topic down "Random stuff that people do to annoy me", it has a star before it, the star shows that I have posted in this topic.

Topics with just a dot/circle like the top two "v Millwall (H) - Predictions" and "Wayne Hennesey" I have not posted in. 

Class dismissed.

Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 10.20.59.png

May I take a simplified view on the “have I  posted on the prediction thread?”

click on the thread, if you go straight to top page 1 then you haven’t.

If you go to another page, your prediction will be the last post but one.

The only fault in this theory is if you go on the thread and don’t post a prediction.

In that case, use Daveo’s complex route.

Just now, Boycie said:

The only fault in this theory is if you go on the thread and don’t post a prediction.

What happens if he’s opened the topic, read others predictions without posting.

You've just cost him a 2 clicks, one to check, then one to go back.

Don’t give up your day job.

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I've highlighted the relevant bit in bold.

29 minutes ago, David said:

He's got a day job?  Wow!

Hope it's nothing dangerous, that's all I can say!  

18 hours ago, David said:

I covered this scenario in my quick help guide. It’s not my fault you don’t read important information.