Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

1 minute ago, ilkleyram said:

I like it. And I've no idea how to upload a profile picture, whatever one of them is. I'll just stay as I am, thank you.

please can you thank the random colour generator too for me?

If you do want to change it, go to your profile page and click this icon

Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 22.08.52.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just to drop this in here, you may have noticed that tweets which are embedded are a little large when viewing on iPhones. 

Twitter's embed JS is giving the container a width of 500px but then setting a max-width of 100%. iPhones are obeying the 500px but other browsers are obeying the max-width.

Twitter need to fix it their end, how long that will take I’m not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Auto correct is it my spelling or sausage fingers or something on here that changes some words. I am not talking about swear words. Every time I post I always find words have changed also in other people’s post I have to guess what some words are meant to be.

Only swear words I believe or male hens etc.

Just now, Boycie said:

Only swear words I believe or male hens etc.

I don’t think something done deliberately but an example is I typed in neaded and it came out beaded that may be my sausage fingers but then one often comes out as on. It may be this phone I don’t know but the rooster one is funny.

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I don’t think something done deliberately but an example is I typed in neaded and it came out beaded that may be my sausage fingers but then one often comes out as on. It may be this phone I don’t know but the rooster one is funny.

Keep an eye on your content before you post it, then we’ll know if it’s sausage or forum problems I guess?

4 hours ago, Gritters said:

Is that because "neaded" isn't a word?  I guess a spellchecker/predictive text would guess at "needed", "beaded", or "kneaded"?

... Or is "neaded" an actual word... in which case, I've just made myself look very silly!  (I couldn't be bothered to check a dictionary!)  

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is that because "neaded" isn't a word?  I guess a spellchecker/predictive text would guess at "needed", "beaded", or "kneaded"?

... Or is "neaded" an actual word... in which case, I've just made myself look very silly!  (I couldn't be bothered to check a dictionary!)  

Yep it originally went in as needed that then went to beaded which I think changed because I caught the b instead of n then I got it all wrapped around my head and made a right rooster of myself. ?

22 hours ago, Gritters said:

rooster

Edited by Ghost of Clough
I had to check it out

It would be really handy if you could pin a list of prohibited words on here, just so we know what words will see a post held back for approval.

It will help both ways, members won't see posts held back, and admins won't have to spend time clearing them.

26 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It would be really handy if you could pin a list of prohibited words on here, just so we know what words will see a post held back for approval.

It will help both ways, members won't see posts held back, and admins won't have to spend time clearing them.

You want a list of prohibited words? Isn't that rather defeating the object? ? Bit like telling Basil Fawlty not to mention the war!

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big problem, but l had a notification of a ‘like’ earlier, which when l looked at the post l noted others had liked too but without any notification (all yesterday morning). No big problem but it would disappoint me if l were not get any of RoyMac’s rolling eyes emojis ?

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not a big problem, but l had a notification of a ‘like’ earlier, which when l looked at the post l noted others had liked too but without any notification (all yesterday morning). No big problem but it would disappoint me if l were not get any of RoyMac’s rolling eyes emojis ?

They are normally all in one notification. 

IMG_20181203_135256.jpg

Edited by rynny

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Rynny. Those are the ones, but didn’t get any notifications.  Not overly worried; just a bit concerned that Boycie and his mate Code Zero had been given the keys again.

Boycie has had his keys taken from him so there is no chance of that happening that way again.