Back Rowett or Back the players?

Carnero

14 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

We've not finishing our recruitment yet. Just wait and see what Rowett's team plays like before you give up! It's not even July 1st!!

If we sign two better replacements I'll hold my hands up! 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ha ha ha! Has the weekend started early for you? Pearson was utterly clueless, he'd have ended up a combo of Tommy Doc and Paul Jewell. It would have been a nightmare and relegation would have been the result. Unless that's where you think we should rebuild from...

As for selling Hughes and Ince - they want Prem football and we can't give it to them.

Well......yes....

But I'm serious in terms of had someone who knew what they were doing come in last summer we wouldn't be where we are now. If we still got this point and needed to ship out and etc etc, then perhaps nasty nige would've been less a disaster. But had Pearson not have come in when he did and did what he did, we wouldn't be where we are now..............

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well......yes....

But I'm serious in terms of had someone who knew what they were doing come in last summer we wouldn't be where we are now. If we still got this point and needed to ship out and etc etc, then perhaps nasty nige would've been less a disaster. But had Pearson not have come in when he did and did what he did, we wouldn't be where we are now..............

Ifs and ands...we are were we are! :D Long way to go yet and maybe GR will find some foreign gems, who knows?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Ifs and ands...we are were we are! :D Long way to go yet and maybe GR will find some foreign gems, who knows?

Who knows. I still believe Rowett is a lot better than Pearson - He seemed to get everyone on side to play more direct when he came in rather than demotivate the entire squad and seems to have a plan.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Who knows. I still believe Rowett is a lot better than Pearson - He seemed to get everyone on side to play more direct when he came in rather than demotivate the entire squad and seems to have a plan.

Let's hope it's a cunning plan! :D

we have tried the manager side so as got to be a clear out of players.this will settle dressing room as they wouldnt go for player power again (if there ever was any). we need to offload to get the size of the team down. so its going to have to be some of our best players as there isnt interest in others.too many brought in for too many different styles of managers that has left us with a good squad in the championship but carnt unite consistantly due to changing around with systems ect.my main concern is that gr is given time maybe 2/3 seasons before we go up.that i expect would be sensible with most supporters,as long as we stayed up.but to be honest most of our quad isnt of prem quality so serious quality needs bringing in at decent prices through decent scouting.

realy looking forward to season ahead and would like minimum 6th place

Back Rowett 100% maybe some of these players are the worms that upset the dressing room & he's weeding them out

might not be but weve backed the players in the past who have failed under various managers ... time for a change

We are def top 6 already, with the 3 who didn't play last season, and the 2 new additions IMO

all we need are 2/3 more incomings, with quality. I'm looking forward to the first home match 

against Hoffenheim, this will give us a better idea of what to expect.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Back Rowett 100% maybe some of these players are the worms that upset the dressing room & he's weeding them out

might not be but weve backed the players in the past who have failed under various managers ... time for a change

Will Hughes a 'worm'. Seriously? 

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

We are def top 6 already, with the 3 who didn't play last season, and the 2 new additions IMO

all we need are 2/3 more incomings, with quality. I'm looking forward to the first home match 

against Hoffenheim, this will give us a better idea of what to expect.

We are definetly Top 6 despite only finishing 9th last season 13 points off a play off position and with the sale of arguably 2 of our best players, I admire your optimism.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Think I'm just gonna back the DCFC. Players come and go, managers come and go, chairman come and go. The only constant is DCFC.

Exactly this.

I don't support individuals. If Tom Ince leaves I probably won't watch Tom Ince play a full 90 more than once next season. If he stays then he's one player I look forward to watching most.

If Rowett does well then I'll back him. Why would you back him if he's s**t? 

Also interesting that if you backtrack a year there was some that'd have you believe Nigel Pearson won the Premier League. That he was the man mountain the club needed. Get rid of the troublemakers. Some of us tried to balance the argument.

I get that there's some going overboard with negativity but some of the hype around Rowett's previous jobs is unreal. 

12 months ago you had people saying some of the exact same stuff about Pearson. Tough, high pressing, energy, get rid of bad attitudes etc. The guy loaned out our top scorer and used the Hendrick money to but Vydra and Anya and brought in Chris Weale. And Pearson has achieved more than Rowett in the game. It counts for nothing what Rowett did at Birmingham. And it wasn't that impressive. It happens every season 

7 hours ago, Jayram said:

Will Hughes a 'worm'. Seriously? 

Oooo will hughes a worm don't call our precious william... how do you know if he was or wasnt one of the disruptive ones in the dressing room running to melvin behind managers backs 

He wanted away & he's gone & i think its time this forum got over it. He was a good player at this level but he wont turn into a delle alli & he wont be an England regular he simply isnt as good as we think he is 

The transfer dealings under Rowett are totally different when under Pearson Rowett has actually thought it out and is getting a team together for the up coming season and those who wish to be elsewhere are on their way with room being made budget wise and potentially transfer fee wise.

UTR 

This division is generally exited by having a team of organised players who will give their all for the team and buy into the ethos of the playing style.

I don't believe we'll be playing hoofball for one minute. I also don't believe we'll be keeping possession for the sake of it either, which has been tedious.

I'll back the manager and the team until I am given reason to not do so on the pitch.

Any player that doesn't fit in with the team's style or isn't 100% committed and happy has to be sacrificed.

This is why England always do badly - we spent 10 years plus labouring with our golden generation that could have done much better with a balanced midfield rather than picking Lampard and Gerrard game after game.  Sum of the parts and all that...

Archived