Ince or Hughes

YouRams

You're GR and MM has invited you round for breakfast sausages the lot. He tells you we need to raise some cash and one of either Ince or Hughes must be sold. Which one do you keep and why? (Ignoring the fee's being mentioned for both).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statistically you would have to keep Ince. Creates more, and chips in with plenty of goals. Runs at players, wins penalties by the bucket load, gives us width and provides a great counter attack outlet (Birmingham away). 

A no brainer really. 

I would sell Ince looking at getting around 10 Million which would give money to strengthen certain areas, starting with a bid for Sakho at palace to replace Ince. however, Derby would probably accept £1  and I would be left crying in my cornflakes.

mumblemumble
1 hour ago, YouRams said:

You're GR and MM has invited you round for breakfast sausages the lot. He tells you we need to raise some cash and one of either Ince or Hughes must be sold. Which one do you keep and why? (Ignoring the fee's being mentioned for both).

Exactly my thought! Keep Ince all day

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is it right to believe that, with Hughes being sold, we are likely to now keep hold of Tom Ince? Or is that just hopeless, wishful thinking on my part? :(

I don't think it's an either/or situation - I think it's a "if they want to leave we can't/don't want to stop them" thing

I would keep Tom Ince if I had to choose just one. My reason being that Ince wins us more points. Hughes is a fantastic player, one of the most talented we have, but he wouldn't make as much of a difference on our league position as Ince.

There was a statistic last season where if you took away all of Lukaku's goals for Everton, they'd still be 7th. 

Take Ince's goals away from us and we'd be 16th. He made a difference of 12 points where if he didn't score, we wouldn't have won/drawn. That's a big difference, and only needs a few more players to have good seasons to become the difference between promotion or not.

That's the difference for me. As brilliant as Hughes is, he's not going to be the difference between going up or not. Ince could quite possibly be.

In an ideal world I'd rather keep both, though.

Feel like this needed a poll?

Ince for me as well, for the reason many have stated above. 15 goals and 6 assists last season alone. For a winger in this division that is exceptional. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves here, I've seen so many Derby fans, slate him it's unreal. For some reason he's been tarred with this not bothered attitude, Which I completely disagree with.

A weeks or so ago I was trying to pick a strongest 11 in my head and mine didn't include WH either. I feel with will you've got to play the 4-3-3 he needs an extra 2 in there with him to allow him to produce his magic. I think Wel probably move away from that formation this season, we've stuck with it for 4 years and apart from 1 season it's probably hindered us more than helped us.

Archived