Ince or Hughes

YouRams

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
On 23 June 2017 at 18:58, Alpha said:

I'd say can I sell Olsson, Pearce, Shackell, Vydra, Anya, Bent, Weimann and Christie instead.

Not Blackman? 

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair they were both constantly inconsistent 

As opposed to the rest of the squad being constantly crap ?

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

As opposed to the rest of the squad being constantly crap ?

Some were alright for a couple of months, took us up the table and then decided they couldn't be arsed either

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'd say they both are, certainly compared to the hot and cold of the likes of Russell, Bryson and butterfield. Hope that the reasons given are true and that's rowett is just raising funds to rebuild and not selling because he doesn't rate them, if the latter is true I'll be heavily concerned. All will be judged on the style of the players brought in as replacements I suppose...

Ince epitomizes an inconsistent winger in my opinion, he either wins you a game or he is non-existent. Wasn't there a stat that we never lost a game in which Ince scored? Would be interesting to see how many games he didn't score/assist in where we won. 

I know that shows he was important to us but also maybe that when he was off his game how it affected the team, maybe due to him having so much of the ball but not producing. Just my personal take and happy for stats to prove me wrong!

Not really sure about Hughes, Leicester in the cup aside I genuinely can't remember his last standout game. I guess consistently average though would still be better than most!

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ince epitomizes an inconsistent winger in my opinion, he either wins you a game or he is non-existent. Wasn't there a stat that we never lost a game in which Ince scored? Would be interesting to see how many games he didn't score/assist in where we won. 

I know that shows he was important to us but also maybe that when he was off his game how it affected the team, maybe due to him having so much of the ball but not producing. Just my personal take and happy for stats to prove me wrong!

Not really sure about Hughes, Leicester in the cup aside I genuinely can't remember his last standout game. I guess consistently average though would still be better than most!

Ince is far from inconsistent.

There are very few consistent wingers in football. The ones that are, are called Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale etc. 

He might not have as much influence in some games but that's because he relies on supply. 

The fact he's played a part in over half of Derby's goals since he's been here shows that he's one of, if not, the most consistent players in his position at this level.

If you want inconsistency, look at Johnny Russell. Never before have I seen a player like him who looks a world-beater for five games, then bang-average for the next 30.

5 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

Ince is far from inconsistent.

There are very few consistent wingers in football. The ones that are, are called Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale etc. 

He might not have as much influence in some games but that's because he relies on supply. 

The fact he's played a part in over half of Derby's goals since he's been here shows that he's one of, if not, the most consistent players in his position at this level.

If you want inconsistency, look at Johnny Russell. Never before have I seen a player like him who looks a world-beater for five games, then bang-average for the next 30.

The number of goals he's been involved in points to an over reliance on him in my opinion and also shows how poor the other players up top have been.

I can't deny that he's contributed brilliantly over the last 2 seasons but I don't think it's a coincidence that it has come at the expense of any meaningful contribution from any of our other attacking players.

Look how many goals came from our midfielders last season, we know Butterfield and Johnson both have an eye for goal but I don't remember either missing lots of chances last season (although I'm aware one or both were played deep on numerous occasions).

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The number of goals he's been involved in points to an over reliance on him in my opinion and also shows how poor the other players up top have been.

I can't deny that he's contributed brilliantly over the last 2 seasons but I don't think it's a coincidence that it has come at the expense of any meaningful contribution from any of our other attacking players.

Look how many goals came from our midfielders last season, we know Butterfield and Johnson both have an eye for goal but I don't remember either missing lots of chances last season (although I'm aware one or both were played deep on numerous occasions).

Can't argue the over reliance bit. Especially when you consider left wing has been a weakness for us for at least two seasons, and how we were playing Bent on his own for much of last season.

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Hope that the reasons given are true and that's rowett is just raising funds to rebuild and not selling because he doesn't rate them, if the latter is true I'll be heavily concerned. 

I think it's latter. Tom's recent interview almost confirm my bad feeling about Rowett and his **** style of football he is going to play. 

Tom Ince says Huddersfield boss David Wagner's style of play resembles that of former Derby County boss Steve McClaren.

Speaking to Huddersfield Town Television, Ince said that he is best suited to "expansive, attacking football."

Ince said: "I've always been that type of player, it was similar when I had Steve McClaren at Derby he played that Dutch formation of 4-3-3, expansive attacking football and that's where I feel I flourish and I'm hoping for the same here, I'm raring to go.

"It's a tough style to cope with, especially in the Championship, you're used to the rustle and bustle and the physical side there's not that many teams that play the free-flowing, patient style of football, which for a player like me is a fantastic thing to see.

"That's the key for me, the manager, the way he wants his attacking players to play, to contribute in games and score goals and make assists."

28 minutes ago, Putin is A Ram said:

I think it's latter. Tom's recent interview almost confirm my bad feeling about Rowett and his **** style of football he is going to play. 

Tom Ince says Huddersfield boss David Wagner's style of play resembles that of former Derby County boss Steve McClaren.

Speaking to Huddersfield Town Television, Ince said that he is best suited to "expansive, attacking football."

Ince said: "I've always been that type of player, it was similar when I had Steve McClaren at Derby he played that Dutch formation of 4-3-3, expansive attacking football and that's where I feel I flourish and I'm hoping for the same here, I'm raring to go.

"It's a tough style to cope with, especially in the Championship, you're used to the rustle and bustle and the physical side there's not that many teams that play the free-flowing, patient style of football, which for a player like me is a fantastic thing to see.

"That's the key for me, the manager, the way he wants his attacking players to play, to contribute in games and score goals and make assists."

I think you're looking too much into it. No offence to the guy, but I don't think Ince is smart enough to praise his new manager and criticise his old one at the same time. This isn't some sort of politics. He's not Frank Underwood. 

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, RamBamFan said:

Can't argue the over reliance bit. Especially when you consider left wing has been a weakness for us for at least two seasons, and how we were playing Bent on his own for much of last season.

Martin contributed nothing for us last season but there's a reason for that of course. Nugent only played a few games but contributed a lot.

what a shame now we have these two we don't have anyone to provide them with the service.

2 hours ago, RamBamFan said:

I think you're looking too much into it. No offence to the guy, but I don't think Ince is smart enough to praise his new manager and criticise his old one at the same time. This isn't some sort of politics. He's not Frank Underwood. 

I think your wrong. Read all his interviews, he's very intelligent and well spoken

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I also have the impression although he scored lot of goals and created some chances for others, Derby's downfall started with his and Bent's arrival.

He was playing mostly for himself and not for the team.

I'd sell him in the first place and I'd sell Hughes at last. But now they are both gone so it doesn't matter anymore.

Archived