Rowett has to try something different after years of failure

Curtains

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FrostedRam said:

Since when was £4.25 million the same as £8 million ???

we understand that suggestions of a fee of £4.5 million potentially rising to £8m are more accurate than reports of £8m potentially increasing to £10m.

see the Hughes thread in transfer rumours and please keep up

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But if 8 million for Hughes was too low then why aren't other team getting involved? 

Why didn't anybody else buy Carson for £150,000? 

Why didn't anybody else pick up Martin on a free? 

Small fees happen.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

But if 8 million for Hughes was too low then why aren't other team getting involved? 

Here's the thing 8M is probably about a 'fair' value for him right now given that he didn't have a great season last year (even though there were mitigating circumstances) and was injured the year before. 

However we know that if he had a season playing like he did in 14/15 or 13/14 he'd be worth around 1.5x to 2x that figure. I think what is getting people wound up is it a really bad time to sell him combined with the fact we have got so much dross in the squad that selling off a prized asset is a little sickening.

2 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Surely the key factor is  If Will is sold will it enable the manager to improve the team and by doing so increase our chances  of promotion?Rowett has made 2 signings so far spending a reported 3 million bring in two great signings.Brian Clough went out and bought a player who was approaching  30 whio had suffered  having the same leg broken twice that player was Dave Mackey so keep your betting money safe until you know exactly who comes.

Gary Rowett is no Brian Clough though, he's a younger/ poor mans version of Pulis

22 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Here's the thing 8M is probably about a 'fair' value for him right now given that he didn't have a great season last year (even though there were mitigating circumstances) and was injured the year before. 

However we know that if he had a season playing like he did in 14/15 or 13/14 he'd be worth around 1.5x to 2x that figure. I think what is getting people wound up is it a really bad time to sell him combined with the fact we have got so much dross in the squad that selling off a prized asset is a little sickening.

It's not the selling him, it's the rock bottom, bargain basement, insult of an amount that I'm so hacked off with.  £4.5m for a lad who, with a good season under his belt, will be a full international.  Daylight f***ing robbery!!!

10 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It's not the selling him, it's the rock bottom, bargain basement, insult of an amount that I'm so hacked off with.  £4.5m for a lad who, with a good season under his belt, will be a full international.  Daylight f***ing robbery!!!

Oh i completely agree, although I am hacked off at selling but it was inevitable this summer. If the reported fee of 4.5m is true then it's an absolute joke. We won't even get a replacement for that figure.

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Exactly this.

Selling Hughes for such a cheap amount will give ammunition to those looking to get on Rowett's back should we get off to a bad start.

This could be a defining moment in his career at Derby.

I think he's right to sell (albeit far too cheaply) but the atmosphere may get poisonous as a result.

Whelan or Ledley, if they come here, will be immediately charged with being on par with Hughes at his best.

10 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Exactly this.

Selling Hughes for such a cheap amount will give ammunition to those looking to get on Rowett's back should we get off to a bad start.

This could be a defining moment in his career at Derby.

I think he's right to sell (albeit far too cheaply) but the atmosphere may get poisonous as a result.

Whelan or Ledley, if they come here, will be immediately charged with being on par with Hughes at his best.

IIf this is Rowetts idea of progress then I've had enough already. Selling our best player for peanuts is a disgrace. Unless Hughes has demanded a move to Watford I can see no reason for such a deal. 

Archived