Rowett has to try something different after years of failure

Curtains

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

How is SDSR in a position to be confirming what Derby players are earning?!?!

Would agree though that his new contract did put him amongst the highest earners.

When he signed the contract, that's what I was told. I don't have a spreadsheet with all the squads wages on, if that's what you're thinking :lol:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, BOB BIGGS said:

Looking at this positively [hard as that is], if Will Hughes can't get into Derby County's Championship midfield and yet is generally considered to be Premiership class, we must be about to bring in at least one stunning new player to replace him. I'm looking forward to seeing who that is. No pressure there then.........

You'll be disappointed sadly

1 minute ago, CumbrianRam said:

I think the money tree has dried up..

I did suggest it on the transfer thread. All those seasons of terrible transfer business, that, let's be honest, a lot of fans could see was rubbish, is coming back to haunt us.

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

When he signed the contract, that's what I was told. I don't have a spreadsheet with all the squads wages on, if that's what you're thinking :lol:

I think it was reported in the media as well. £30k per week if I remember correctly. Does that agree to your spreadsheet?!

GR has taken over a team of flops, he has to change the flops into battlers and winners.

He has already said every player is available at the right price, speculation was rife that we have to get players off the large wage bill. So we can expect quiet a few players to go, unfortunately it also means our best players will be the ones that other clubs will want  So expect Ince, Hughes Martin and co. Who would want the likes of Blackman , ECT.

So we have now a new manager  who will have to rebuild a team with who he has left as a squad rather than building a squad around certain players.

He has now brought in Davies and Wisdom, but do think wisdom is a very good buy and more long term. But still nobody has gone out as yet and that wage bill has got even bigger!

Will GR turn into another Pearson or another bald eagle, I do hope the latter, but time will tell.......

Just now, toddy said:

GR has taken over a team of flops, he has to change the flops into battlers and winners.

He has already said every player is available at the right price, speculation was rife that we have to get players off the large wage bill. So we can expect quiet a few players to go, unfortunately it also means our best players will be the ones that other clubs will want  So expect Ince, Hughes Martin and co. Who would want the likes of Blackman , ECT.

Will GR turn into another Pearson or another bald eagle, I do hope the latter, but time will tell.......

He's not turning them round from being flops if he's shipping them out, he's giving up on them.

The nightmare scenario is this turns into Tommy doc. We flog the best as we need the funds - partly to cover the losses we will incur on the flops.

That only leaves us limited funds to bring in cheapies and old lags....

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

He's not turning them round from being flops if he's shipping them out, he's giving up on them.

The nightmare scenario is this turns into Tommy doc. We flog the best as we need the funds - partly to cover the losses we will incur on the flops.

That only leaves us limited funds to bring in cheapies and old lags....

Already brought in an old lag -Curtis Davies

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

And look at the majority of links....boyd,  whelan,  ledley,  etc...

I wouldn't worry about the players who we are linked with. Maybe Flint and Hanley were the smokescreen to lose Villa scouts while doing business with Hull...

Hughes' performances have been poor for the past 2 seasons. Why do our fans expect to be charging top price for a player that isn't at the top of his game? £8m is a fair price, it's not the best, but at the same time it isn't the worst. 

Hughes needs to improve significantly to get to where we all want him to be. However at this moment, we cannot ask for anymore money for him as he isn't worth it. 

The truth is... Would you pay £8m for Will Hughes to come into Derby County from another club at this moment in time? If you say yes then you're either lieing or don't know a thing about football.

If Hughes didn't come from our academy, people wouldn't rate him as highly as they do. Just because he is one of our own, doesn't mean he is the special one. He's fallen off from his potential in the past 2 seasons and this move is best for all parties as he won't be in Garys plans for next season and he'll just get worse and worse by sitting on the bench.

Time to move on.

14 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Hughes' performances have been poor for the past 2 seasons. Why do our fans expect to be charging top price for a player that isn't at the top of his game? £8m is a fair price, it's not the best, but at the same time it isn't the worst. 

Hughes needs to improve significantly to get to where we all want him to be. However at this moment, we cannot ask for anymore money for him as he isn't worth it. 

The truth is... Would you pay £8m for Will Hughes to come into Derby County from another club at this moment in time? If you say yes then you're either lieing or don't know a thing about football.

If Hughes didn't come from our academy, people wouldn't rate him as highly as they do. Just because he is one of our own, doesn't mean he is the special one. He's fallen off from his potential in the past 2 seasons and this move is best for all parties as he won't be in Garys plans for next season and he'll just get worse and worse by sitting on the bench.

Time to move on.

You keep banging on about he's not played well for the last two seasons, are you forgetting that the season before last he was injured for nearly all season and then when he did come back he played extremely well going into the playoffs ?

Also with regard the season just gone, I suspect his performances at the club (like many others) were massively effected by managerial upheaval and having a completely unbalanced squad.

16 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Time to move on.

£8m is still too low.  You can't really blame him for being poor when he was injured for 95% of a season can you?  

Watford made £108m for finishing 17th last season, and Hughes has three seasons left on his contract.  Are you telling me we aren't in a position to ask for at least a couple of million more?  So what if they say no and go elsewhere, a decent season with us could see his worth increase.  Say what you like about Fawaz, but he did brilliantly to squeeze £13m out of RBL for Burke.  I'm tired of our club getting shafted when it comes to buying & selling.  Mel's bought too high & sold too low ever since he took over, no wonder we're having to flog our best players on the cheap!!!

39 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Would I pay £8m for an u21 international who is English, extremely technical, young and with an exceptionally high ceiling in a market where players like Pickford and Maguire are going for 30m and 17m respectively? 

I wouldn't even hesitate. We've been mugged off and you're genuinely deluded if you think this is a good fee in this market.

14 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

I bet you good money the guy who replaces in will be on more money and be 10 years older.

Surely the key factor is  If Will is sold will it enable the manager to improve the team and by doing so increase our chances  of promotion?Rowett has made 2 signings so far spending a reported 3 million bring in two great signings.Brian Clough went out and bought a player who was approaching  30 whio had suffered  having the same leg broken twice that player was Dave Mackey so keep your betting money safe until you know exactly who comes.

Archived