Rowett has to try something different after years of failure

Curtains

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

no-one in the squad was unsellable.

for a reasonable price. £8Million for Hughes is not a reasonable price, especially when we coaxed Burnley out of £10million+ just a year ago. For example, I would sell Tom Ince and Will Hughes as a pairing for some sausages with my season ticket :ph34r:

It would be nice to be left with a squad with at least one individual with the talent to turn a game in an instant. I fear GWs plan will involve workhorses grinding out results while boring the **** out of us week in, week out. 

Eight million for Will Hughes? ******* ridiculous. 

For people who can remember Jim smiths first season he took over a team of expensive flops when Mr Pickering spent a lot of his money trying to get to the promised land. Jim smith firstly sold quite a few who had failed to take this club up, tommy Johnson,Craig short,Paul kitson,mark pembridge,Gary Charles,but to name a few. Some were thinking at the time what's he doing however a few shrewd signings , stimac,van der laan, Daryl Powell and a lad named Gary rowett changed the whole dynamics of the team. 

This transfer window is having a similar feel so though personally I would have kept Hughes, GR obviously has a plan. 

I think we have got to leave him to it 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You can only get what people are willing to pay it's called market forces.  

If we don't sell Hughes for 10 Million we could come to regret it if we get nothing later and he is a high earner as well. 

I bet you good money the guy who replaces in will be on more money and be 10 years older.

Just now, Jayram said:

It would be nice to be left with a squad with at least one individual with the talent to turn a game in an instant. I fear GWs plan will involve workhorses grinding out results while boring the **** out of us week in, week out. 

Eight million for Will Hughes? ******* ridiculous. 

It's 10 Million and what are his weekly wages for 4 years have you any idea on that. 

Can you define failure? We didn't make the Premier League, however, in recent history, championship is our level. Nobody can argue this millennium that we are a 'Premier League club' , attendances and size of the stadium don't mean anything. So how exactly have we failed? If you expected us to easily make the Premier League, then you are misguided. Maybe it isn't all the 'players' that 'failed' but more the inconsistency in the managers, changing styles of play etc.  

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

It's 10 Million and what are his weekly wages for 4 years have you any idea on that. 

No, no idea. I just know he's our best midfielder by a mile and we are looking to flog him cheap while we retain absolute chod like Butterfield and Johnson on the books. 

8 minutes ago, Jayram said:

No, no idea. I just know he's our best midfielder by a mile and we are looking to flog him cheap while we retain absolute chod like Butterfield and Johnson on the books. 

We really aren't though are we? Since when was £8m cheap for a championship player?

Archived