Glenn Whelan - signed for Villa

Sexydadbod

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Derby blood said:

We need a player like Whelan in the squad, we are desperate for this type of player in our squad, 1 player does not get you promoted, Hughes has been a great player for us, but Derby goes on, and I will back Mr Rowett all the way, if we do get Whelan, I think his first  few signings has made us a much stronger and balance squad, a team gets you promoted not 1 player.

Said it before on here. Having a Whelan or a Ledley allows us to pick more attacking midfield options (possibly yet to be purchased).

Because we didn't have a natural defensive midfielder last year, all three hovered around the half way line, not knowing whether to stick or twist. See below.

Having whelan and hopefully Thorne may well allow us to bring in a young prospect from another club or the acadamy as whelan will deffo have the kind of experience to help young players bed in .

whelan is not a direct replacement for will but he just might be the kind of player/ captain to help develop the replacement for will,,,

i say get him in , for too long our midfield has been great going forward when things going well but crumbled to non existent when under pressure ,, this is not the fault of Hughes or indeed Hendricks ,it's the balance issue and we have needed a good experienced older head in the middle for a few years now 

Would be surprised if £1mil is the fee, if Villa want him why are they not matching that valuation? Not a bad price. Surely got 2 years left in him and could certainly contribute enough to make his value worthwhile.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Would be surprised if £1mil is the fee, if Villa want him why are they not matching that valuation? Not a bad price. Surely got 2 years left in him and could certainly contribute enough to make his value worthwhile.

Isn't it because Villa blew their budget last season, FFP wise?

3 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

Isn't it because Villa blew their budget last season, FFP wise?

Possibly, but I wonder what their initial offer was. If they're unable to pay a few hundred grand extra then they really are in the ****.

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Maybe we're waiting to see whether Bruce can play a 6 CM system - And if not pick off one of their decent CMs who won't be getting much game time?

Archived