Glenn Whelan - signed for Villa

Sexydadbod

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Said that about Dave Mackay when he was signed by Brian Clough.  The rest his history.  

Whelan is a hard man and we need that. 

In fairness Dave Mackay had been one of the all time greats when he joined us, not sure Whelan has been?

Just now, WystonRam said:

In fairness Dave Mackay had been one of the all time greats when he joined us, not sure Whelan has been?

Dave Mackay was a Spurs legend I totally agree but had recovered from 2 broken legs and his pace had gone. 

Dave Mackay was a leader with a superb football brain. 

Glenn Whelan has a good football rain and is as hard as they come. 

Just what we need right now. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Said that about Dave Mackay when he was signed by Brian Clough.  The rest his history.  

Whelan is a hard man and we need that. 

He is not hard at all really...just an honest pro.  And negative and slow.  Would give everything he has though.

3 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Dave Mackay one of the best defenders of his generation, Whelan a solid midtable player.

You can't compare the two

Glen Whelan is playing in the Premier League and is a distinguished international player.  

We are Derby County of the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

He's hard trust me 

Oo-er Mrs.

Calling Glenn Whelan "the new Dave Mackay" is the craziest thing you're ever written. I'd sleep with the light on if I were you, lest Mackay's ghost decides to two foot you for your impertinence.

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

Glen Whelan is playing in the Premier League and is a distinguished international player.  

We are Derby County of the Championship. 

For the Republic or Ireland. Regrettably, the Irish squad isn't blessed with talent at the moment and is full of mediocre players, many from the championship.  Conor Sammon even managed to get 9 caps.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Oo-er Mrs.

Calling Glenn Whelan "the new Dave Mackay" is the craziest thing you're ever written. I'd sleep with the light on if I were you, lest Mackay's ghost decides to two foot you for your impertinence.

I bet you never had the honour of seeing Dave play. 

Well son I did and one of the most memorable moments was watching him fell Whittle at Goodson and then gesturing no foul ref. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Whelan would be ideal for us.  

The ne Dave Mackay. 

Sorry curtains but you really must pull yourself together. 

Dave Mackay was a world class player when we signed him, to put Glenn Whelan in that bracket is only going to draw attention to yourself.

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Sorry curtains but you really must pull yourself together. 

Dave Mackay was a world class player when we signed him, to put Glenn Whelan in that bracket is only going to draw attention to yourself.

Wasn't world class when we signed him he was off to Scotland to see out his Career when Brian nipped in and persuaded him to come to Derby after 2 broken legs. 

Archived