Sexydadbod

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, curtains said:

Whelan would be ideal for us.  

The ne Dave Mackay. 

I'm sorry Curtains but this is crazy. 

Personally I'd like to see Whelan join. Clearly he's not a replacement for Hughes but then I don't think he's intended to be. More of a Eustace type signing, I reckon. Be a shame if he doesn't come but perhaps the length of contract or the wages are not what is being offered elsewhere. Then again, maybe he just fancies Villa.

Anyone who has to think about if they want to come to Derby or Villa should go to Villa.

We need players who want to play for us,if he's got to think about it I don't want him.

No disrespect to Villa.

To many players have come to Derby for a big contract and an easy ride.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Are we bringing back Dave Mackay now as well? I'm confused ?

What we want mate is a leader on the field a Dave Mackey type player that's the missing link. 

Do this do that go there mark him etc etc. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

What we want mate is a leader on the field a Dave Mackey type player that's the missing link. 

Do this do that go there mark him etc etc. 

Gary Glitter? Admittedly he has not had the most glittering of careers, others were quick to turn a blind eye on Joey Barton's criminal past.

Maybe we could tempt him to be the leader of our gang?

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Said that about Dave Mackay when he was signed by Brian Clough.  The rest his history.  

Whelan is a hard man and we need that. 

You also said we must sign Wildschut because 'this lad will score goals, just you watch' and 'Derby never gamble anymore other than on old hasbeens like Nugent.' 

So now you've changed your tune and you do want us to sign old hasbeens such as Whelan?

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

You also said we must sign Wildschut because 'this lad will score goals, just you watch' and 'Derby never gamble anymore other than on old hasbeens like Nugent.' 

So now you've changed your tune and you do want us to sign old hasbeens such as Whelan?

Signing any player is a gamble 

Remember. Eric  Djemba  dejemba  even the greatest can get it wrong occasionally 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Wasn't world class when we signed him he was off to Scotland to see out his Career when Brian nipped in and persuaded him to come to Derby after 2 broken legs. 

Dave MacKays list of honours by the time he joined Derby County:

Heart of Midlothian

Scottish League Division One (Scottish Premiership): 1957–58

Scottish Cup: 1955–56

Scottish League Cup: 1954–55, 1958–59

Tottenham Hotspur

Football League Division One: 1960–61

FA Cup: 1960–61, 1961–62, 1966–67

European Cup Winner's Cup: 1962–63

FA Charity Shield: 1961 (won), 1962 (won), 1967 (shared)

Scotland

22 appearances including appearance at the 1958 World Cup 

Glenn Whelens list of honours so far:

Sheffield Wednesday

Football League One play-offs winner: 2005

Stoke City

Football League Championship runner-up: 2007–08

Ireland

81 appearances including 2012 & 2016 Euros

I would suggest that Dave MacKay was a genuinely world class player throughout his career. Whelen may be many things but to suggest that he is in the same league as or would ever have the same impact as Mr Mackay had is ludicrous and an insult to the great man.

Just now, curtains said:

Signing any player is a gamble 

Remember Jemba jemba even the greatest can get it wrong occasionally 

But read the 2nd quote from you. So just 5 months later you've changed your mind and you now want us to sign old 'hasbeens?' 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

But read the 2nd quote from you. So just 5 months later you've changed your mind and you now want us to sign old 'hasbeens?' 

Djemba Dejemba  my bad with the spelling.  

Is Whelan a has been that's you,re description and I don't agree neither does Steve Bruce. 

Wildschuts career is not over even though he didn't fit in at Norwich so we will see what happens with him as we will Nick Blackman 

As regards Nugent how much game time will he get next season we will see ! 

Archived