Glenn Whelan - signed for Villa

Sexydadbod

I really, really hope we go in for Whelan. One or two wingers should be the priority but once that's sorted, Whelan would be a fantastic signing. I know it's been said before but he could be the difference between a top two finish and the playoffs.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

I really, really hope we go in for Whelan. One or two wingers should be the priority but once that's sorted, Whelan would be a fantastic signing. I know it's been said before but he could be the difference between a top two finish and the playoffs.

Agreed. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Okay I'm late to this thread but are we after him d'ya think and how would we line up if we bought him?

DT said we weren't that doesn't necessarily mean it won't. He'd line up alongside Thorne or behind two more advanced centre mids. Basically Eustace 2.0.

Ended our interest in him.

Aston Villa are set to win the race for Glenn Whelan after Derby ended their interest.

Villa boss Steve Bruce wants to bring in Republic of Ireland midfielder Whelan to add grit to his side.

He had been rivalling Rams manager Gary Rowett for the star’s signature after Stoke said Whelan could go.

But MirrorSport understands Derby have now ended their interest in the midfielder,33, who wants to link up with Bruce and Villa newboy John Terry.

A deal is likely to be completed later this month once Villa have offloaded more of their unwanted flops.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-set-win-race-10749708

Just like George Boyd to Wednesday, I'm absolutely not bothered by this in the slightest. 33-year-old Premier League veteran who's had his day in the sun, now looking for a big fat final paycheck. Much rather Villa be the one to give it to him, than us.

Especially when we can spend half the wages on a younger, more exciting prospect, to do a similar role.

Just my gut feeling, but I think we've dodged a bullet. 

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Ended our interest in him.

Aston Villa are set to win the race for Glenn Whelan after Derby ended their interest.

Villa boss Steve Bruce wants to bring in Republic of Ireland midfielder Whelan to add grit to his side.

He had been rivalling Rams manager Gary Rowett for the star’s signature after Stoke said Whelan could go.

But MirrorSport understands Derby have now ended their interest in the midfielder,33, who wants to link up with Bruce and Villa newboy John Terry.

A deal is likely to be completed later this month once Villa have offloaded more of their unwanted flops.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-set-win-race-10749708

That's a shame really. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I have seen burnley made 3m offer for him.

Think you're on about Walters not Glenn Whelan b4. 

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lovely, I wondered when we would start missing out on targets, Glenn Whelan would have been a great signing.

Onto the next target.

Implying we were ever really in for him. I didn't hear much more than paper talk connecting us to Whelan. 

2 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I would rather have one of villas "flops", Houriane or even Lansbury, good free kick and corner players and bit of grit to their game

You'd think that they'll have to let some of them go - plus they may need to in order to help with their FFP situation...

Archived