Glenn Whelan - signed for Villa

Sexydadbod

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My business partner has been a Potters season ticket holder for the last 14 years. He has seen Whelan play for most of the home games he has played for Stoke so I think he knows more than most on here. I showed him some of the negative comments and he just laughed. He rates him very highly and thinks he is as good as, if not better than Fletcher who is likely to replace him......

3 minutes ago, irobinson said:

He could do a job for us I reckon - add some steel.

but please do not raise any similarities to the late  great Dave Mackay - not fit to dub the boots I am afraid .....

Why so precious we all know Dave had a fantastic career as player and manager but DCFC need a leader of a player in the mould of Dave Mackay.

Very hard to find in this day and age.  

If we are going to be playing 4-2-3-1 I can't see us bringing in another midfielder until one is out the door.

As it stands we've got Johnson, Thorne, Butterfield, Bryson and Hanson that can all play there and if its going to be a smaller squad I can't see one coming in without another going out the door.

4 hours ago, curtains said:

Wasn't world class when we signed him he was off to Scotland to see out his Career when Brian nipped in and persuaded him to come to Derby after 2 broken legs. 

You're suggesting that Brian had to break both his legs to get him to come to Derby?

1 minute ago, David said:

Not sure what's worse, your trolling or the fact you made me look

Me?

Im merely pointing out to our lesser informed members that his busy at the moment.

Daaaad! I done it again an I?

Archived