Glenn Whelan - signed for Villa

Sexydadbod

56 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Team for next year:

Wisdom Pearce Davies Forsyth

Whelan  Johnson

Cotterill           Irvine          Russell

Donaldson

I think I will take that bullet now please....

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when big Clayton Donaldson bags 30 goals for us ! :ph34r:.

The Rams are going up , the Rams are going up !!!!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Team for next year:

Wisdom Pearce Davies Forsyth

Whelan  Johnson

Cotterill           Irvine          Russell

Donaldson

I think I will take that bullet now please....

d5b.jpg

29 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when big Clayton Donaldson bags 30 goals for us ! :ph34r:.

The Rams are going up , the Rams are going up !!!!

To challenge Leeds for the dirtiest team in the league award.

Just been looking at some statistics on Squawka, comparing Glenn Whelan and Joe Ledley. Though their appearances might impact this a lot (GW making 30 and JL making 18), Whelan comes up as the better player by some distance, both in terms of defending and distributing. 

On 6/22/2017 at 20:20, Nuwtfly said:

Just been looking at some statistics on Squawka, comparing Glenn Whelan and Joe Ledley. Though their appearances might impact this a lot (GW making 30 and JL making 18), Whelan comes up as the better player by some distance, both in terms of defending and distributing. 

It's easy to have good passing stats if you rarely risk a forward pass.

He's a good solid signing at this level. I hope people don't get on his back because of the Hughes departure as he would have been one to come in regardless of Hughes imo.

He may not be a glamorous signing to many but he's been a regular in the Prem for 10 or so years. Those who are worried about him not being able to play 'football', Mark Hughes made Stoke a more technically gifted side and Whelan still managed to stay in the team so it shows he is adaptable and dependable.

It is a yes from me.

How come nothing else aren't reporting that. 

Whelan is good player but I don't want any more 30+ in the squad after Whelan though. 

First half of this thread is full of people raving about what a good signing Whelan would be.

Since the Hughes news broke, the second half of this thread is full of people moaning about Whelan.

GLEN WHELAN IS NOT A DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR WILL HUGHES.

Eustace was a perfect player to fill in for thorne when he was out injured. When he left people called for a replacement that never came. Rowett has made it clear he sees Johnson as an attacker so signing Whelan would be perfect here correct?

Rather than seeing Whelan as the replacement for Hughes, I think it would be more apt to say Johnson is replacing the high attacking role that Hughes played, and Whelan would replace Johnson's defensive role

Archived