Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

Day

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks poor financial management by us. Have we returned to being a club that continually gets shafted in the transfer market? I thought the Hendrick signing finally showed that might be changing, but seemingly Jeff was an aberation and we are returning to the norm. I'm glad it's Mel's money not mine, but I'm sorry to see so much unnecessarily squandered and these things may come back to bite us down the line in FFP if we're not careful.

1 hour ago, secretsquirrel said:

Not sure that Clement chose anyone-maybe we should be looking at others eg Chris Evans and Rush-think he had the continental role -hers the players coach them!

Evans got fired around September. Camara and Blackman came the following Jan and were the two signings that were all down to Clement and the team of data analysts he bought in to replace Evans. Responsibility for these two signings lies squarely on  Clement's shoulders. 

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Looks poor financial management by us. Have we returned to being a club that continually gets shafted in the transfer market? I thought the Hendrick signing finally showed that might be changing, but seemingly Jeff was an aberation and we are returning to the norm. I'm glad it's Mel's money not mine, but I'm sorry to see so much unnecessarily squandered and these things may come back to bite us down the line in FFP if we're not careful.

I think we are very much being bitten now my friend. Seem a lot of people throw the term "skint" around, I believe we are far from skint we just have very little movement regarding FFP and now we're actively having to sell our better players before we can buy anymore. The problem is when you buy a load of dross over an extended period, youl end up stuck with the until their contracts run out because nobody (apart from us) is stupid enough to buy them. 

So far I'm happy with the 2 players brought in by Rowett, seem like decent fees for event players. Lets just hope that sacrificing Hughes will be the last kick in th ******** from our previous transfers nightmare.

Ince is staying right?! 

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, Rample said:

Mutual consent at least means no pay off.

What are the odds on Bent, Shackell, Pearce, Weimann or Thorne going the same way?

Actually I reckon Shackell will just sit on his paycheck until his deal expires, the rest might at least want to play.

No we may have agreed to pay him to go away and he agreed to accept the pay off rather than Sue us for more money.

from the moment I saw him I knew he couldn't play football. Can't argue with getting rid of this one. 

Disaster this. 1.25m plus wages down the drain. If we start having to do this with the more expensive failures it's concerning. We'll have to sell our top talent to balance the books, unfortunately now Hughes is gone no more academy players we can sell for 100% profit.

Never been a fan of this guy but good luck to him for the future.

14 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Disaster this. 1.25m plus wages down the drain. If we start having to do this with the more expensive failures it's concerning. We'll have to sell our top talent to balance the books, unfortunately now Hughes is gone no more academy players we can sell for 100% profit.

Never been a fan of this guy but good luck to him for the future.

"Disaster"-steady on a bit! There isn't a single club in football that hasn't experienced something like this.The good news is that if he's on £5k a week we're saving £500k on his wages as he was contracted up until June 2019.Fans have been moaning for ages that we need to move certain players out and if we can't find buyers then this is an option to take.Mel can afford the hit after backing previous managers,as you'd expect him to do.He's learned his lesson and the signings of Davies and Wisdom show that.There'll still be some "pain" to follow but that's all part of the "fun" of following DCFC.Just go with the flow and calm down!

On 31/01/2017 at 09:28, admira said:

Derby County have rejected a loan approach from Queens Park Rangers for midfielder Abdoul Camara and will instead look to sell the Guinea international for €2.5 million (£2.1 million), according to French source Foot Mercato.

The 26-year-old only joined the Rams from Angers last year but has failed to make an impact at Pride Park during his time in England.

A former France under-21 international, the versatile attacking midfielder has only made a handful appears for Steve McClaren’s men and is seemingly surplus to requirements at County.

The report suggests that Ian Holloway is keen on a temporary deal for Camara that would see him move to Loftus Road for the remainder of the season.

QPR have put a cushion between themselves and the Championship bottom three, but defeat to Burton Albion at the weekend has reduced that comfort level.

Holloway has been vocal in his desire to land a few new players before the window closes and has signed Luke Freeman from Bristol City.

However, for Camara to swap Derby for QPR it appears that a transfer fee rather than a loan approach will be needed.

Pfffffttttt mutual consent at end of day!

Archived