Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

Day

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Huge loss. He did hit the bar against Hartlepool & 'score' via a huge deflection against Leicester. Realistically though, I'd have taken 100k for him so no big deal. 

Watching him was like watching a player with two left feet, who happened to be right footed.

In a race - yes. On a football pitch - no.

The upside to this is that we get a crap signing off the books and we don't have to pay his wages up to June 2019.Even at £5k a week that's £500k saved!

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

So not one club would take him even for a small fee? 

There were some interest in signing Razza (according to some reports) but I think they are not preparing to pay the fee (and also loan fee as well?)  It's right decision to let Razza go though.

So what is worse

camara at £1.5 million

Or 

Anya at £4.5 million 

one of them was a big gamble which we didn't need and the other one was only over priced by about £4 milllion or should I say a Will Hughes 

Rowett will be judged on his signings not the mess of someone's else

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

FFS. This window is like watching a car crash in super slow-mo. Off to the pub soon as. 

I'm not sure I'd describe signing Davies & Wisdom for £2.5m and offloading deadwood a car crash. It will be what it will be with Will but do try and apply some balance....

Just now, Sparkle said:

So what is worse

camara at £1.5 million

Or 

Anya at £4.5 million 

one of them was a big gamble which we didn't need and the other one was only over priced by about £4 milllion or should I say a Will Hughes 

Rowett will be judged on his signings not the mess of someone's else

The problem with Anya is that he was signed for a specific system under Pearson and we all know how that ended . He was never going to fit in under Mac , there's been a few flashes under Rowett but I'm afraid we will have to wait and see on that one , he could have a future ! 

I'd love to see us bring in a potent LW but I really can't see us doing it with weimann Anya Russel and Blackman all having played there and even vydra has played there so I got a funny feeling he will feel like he's got enough that side , I hope I'm wrong though because we've been crying out for someone decent on the left for god knows how long now

Just now, mwram1973 said:

We could do 2 then.

Clown of the week thread

I can run the club better than Mel thread

:p

Don't give any more ideas :lol:

8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

The problem with Anya is that he was signed for a specific system under Pearson and we all know how that ended . He was never going to fit in under Mac , there's been a few flashes under Rowett but I'm afraid we will have to wait and see on that one , he could have a future ! 

I am not saying he doesn't have a future but he should have cost a hell of a lot less kind of future 

7 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I'd love to see us bring in a potent LW but I really can't see us doing it with weimann Anya Russel and Blackman all having played there and even vydra has played there so I got a funny feeling he will feel like he's got enough that side , I hope I'm wrong though because we've been crying out for someone decent on the left for god knows how long now

I personally don't think Wel play with a set left wing position. I think Wel deploy the 4-2-3-1 and have 3 interchangeable forwards behind the striker looking to exploit any space they can

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I am not saying he doesn't have a future but he should have cost a hell of a lot less kind of future 

Problem was we were buying from a premier league team , a player who may or may not have featured in there future plans and close to deadline day. 

We're definitely rushing people out of the door to get money in quickly. 

No need to release him now when we could have waited until September when the window is shut. If nothing else, we've just passed up the possibility of getting some money for him. Hughes going for pittance is another example. 

I'm just happy that Ince loan rumour has gone away, although I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for next to nothing in our current state. 

Archived