Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

Day

17 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Nice one DEL.

Good luck Razza.

16 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Very good again Del?

Here for another bit of information, Guingamp finished 10th last season in the top flight (Ligue 1) see link below you'll see the league table. ?

http://m.ligue1.com/ligue1/classement

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Here for another bit of information, Guingamp finished 10th last season in the top flight (Ligue 1) see link below you'll see the league table. ?

http://m.ligue1.com/ligue1/classement

Without wanting to criticise his ability too much, the fact he gets signed up by a top 10 ligue 1 club shows the standard of that league outside of the bigger teams.

If we had accepted a bid for him, even a free bid, and he hadn't asked for a transfer, we'd have to pay (at least a portion of) his contract up. Them's the rules as I understand it. Let's assume he's on 15k a week and had a year left. That would cost us (a portion of) £750k less whatever fee we got for him. Anything less than (a portion of) 750k and it'd be cheapest to just keep him in the reserves

So I suspect that no club was willing to pay a fee equivalent to the amount of his contract we would have to pay up. So I am guessing we basically said, we'll cancel your contract by mutual consenst so we don't pay it up. And then you can go. 

All guesswork

7 minutes ago, feisty said:

If we had accepted a bid for him, even a free bid, and he hadn't asked for a transfer, we'd have to pay (at least a portion of) his contract up. Them's the rules as I understand it. Let's assume he's on 15k a week and had a year left. That would cost us (a portion of) £750k less whatever fee we got for him. Anything less than (a portion of) 750k and it'd be cheapest to just keep him in the reserves

So I suspect that no club was willing to pay a fee equivalent to the amount of his contract we would have to pay up. So I am guessing we basically said, we'll cancel your contract by mutual consenst so we don't pay it up. And then you can go. 

All guesswork

Probably about right there! 

4 minutes ago, feisty said:

All guesswork

I think it's various "loyalty" bonuses that a player  is entitled to if he didn't officially request a move, rather than the full value of their contract. So your truest statement will be "no club was willing to pay a fee equivalent to the amount of his contract we would have to pay up" (bonuses).

See: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/there-any-point-handing-a-transfer-request-fourfourtwo-investigates

10 minutes ago, valleyram said:

He was hopeless , good riddance 

What will be slightly irritating is nice but useless Razza has a good season with Guingamp, only to be signed by Nice, Marseille or Lyon in a year or so for several million.

Can see it coming.

Deal happened so quickly after releasing, that my assumption is we didn't pay a penny. Maybe Guingamp don't have money and all three parties made gentleman's agreement. Best for all parties, we let him go without paying, Guingamp gets their target without paying and Camara gets new deal with first team opportunity.

54 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

What will be slightly irritating is nice but useless Razza has a good season with Guingamp, only to be signed by Nice, Marseille or Lyon in a year or so for several million.

Can see it coming.

He will be released in 12 months time 

11 hours ago, feisty said:

All guesswork

I've been told he was on £18k a week. Would be astonishing if true. 

I don't see the free transfer thing being an issue.

Rowett said they may have to mutually agree to release certain players. Camara was clearly one of them.

I have been critical of the Will Hughes transfer, which is a laughable deal for Derby, if it turns out to be true.

But this is a decent decision by the club, for it to be able to move forward without it costing us too much more.

Archived