Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I've made my peace with this for the following reasons:

1. I absolutely do not begrudge Will a move to the Prem. He deserves it.

2. He did us a favour by signing the contract - imagine losing him for nowt!

3. This is most likely nothing to do with Rowett. He was probably told from the start that Will would be leaving this summer so has been planning accordingly.

4. I'm excited to see him play in the Prem. I'm a Watford fan now!

5. His replacement is going to be frigging awesome.

6. All these posters going on about how Will isn't good enough anyway are starting to piss me off.

7. That's it. I'm all out. Good luck Will hope you come back one day!

Point 2 because he is under 24 we would still get a fee I believe. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

YUP

Yup, but not fraaking 8 million

3. This is most likely nothing to do with Rowett. He was probably told from the start that Will would be leaving this summer so has been planning accordingly.

Is Mel interfering again then?

Agreed

So far were linked with washed up prem fringe players

6. All these posters going on about how Will isn't good enough anyway are starting to piss me off.

Ditto

:(

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

1. Agreed

2. We'd get a fee anyway cos he is under 24

3. If so it flys in the face of manager gets the final say

4. Watford are a team we should be looking to finish above one day.

5. His replacement will be at least 31 years old and been a squad player at the middling PL club

6. Agreed

7. He will never come back

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It's the new Derby way... 

Another nail in the coffin im afraid.. Well done DCFC.. I have no idea what direction we are going this week. 

What are those books? Windows for idiots.. Is there one that chairmen should read.

Rowett has to start strong this season.

Our current forwards aren't suited to a long ball game so I have no reason to believe this is the plan.

The transfer window hasn't even opened yet and we have lost hope.

I'm actually excited to see where we end up once the dealings are completed.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does only last season count?

Go back as far as you want pal. 

Its my opinion. I don't think he's as good as some of our fans think he is. That's all. 

In and amongst friends we all have players we like more than others that differ from each other. 

His last 2 seasons, for various reasons have been his worst for Derby. If he had progressed even modestly from 2014/15 we would have got double that money. £8m isn't as much as his potential suggests it should be but it's more than the end result we have received in terms of performance in the last 2 seasons.

11 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

YUP

Yup, but not fraaking 8 million

Is Mel interfering again then?

Agreed

So far were linked with washed up prem fringe players

Ditto

:(

7 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

1. Agreed

2. We'd get a fee anyway cos he is under 24

3. If so it flys in the face of manager gets the final say

4. Watford are a team we should be looking to finish above one day.

5. His replacement will be at least 31 years old and been a squad player at the middling PL club

6. Agreed

7. He will never come back

Signed a new contract recently, so point 3 could easily be answered with "because it was written into his new contract, or he wouldn't have signed it!", just as Bent and Baird had to be offered new contracts.

Ok then looks like young william is off to Watford I don't agree with him going as we should be building around our best players having read through the thread I think the majority are not happy with the fee and the idea of selling him in the first place so can you imagine if we sell ince as well if this happens there is no way we will make the playoffs

1 minute ago, sage said:

His last 2 seasons, for various reasons have been his worst for Derby. If he had progressed even modestly from 2014/15 we would have got double that money. £8m isn't as much as his potential suggests it should be but it's more than the end result we have received in terms of performance in the last 2 seasons.

Couldn't agree more. 

Complete opposite to Hendrick. We sold him at a peak time. If we had held on to him another season he'd be 5-6 million at best. 

Unfortunately we are selling Hughes off the back of 1 season of injury and 1 poor season. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Complete opposite to Hendrick. We sold him at a peak time. If we had held on to him another season he'd be 5-6 million at best. 

Unfortunately we are selling Hughes off the back of 1 season of injury and 1 poor season. 

1 poor season interspersed with various managers and another injury or two.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Couldn't agree more. 

May have been poor, but still a mile ahead of any CM last season and the OAP who will replace him

Does his price reflect a calming of last seasons crazy over inflated market prices? 

I suppose it's still a lot of money especially considering the best player in his position from last season, Mooy, is priced at £10m

I hope we invest wisely.

Id still have sold others first.

I hope this is the start of a clear out of players who have less ability/potential than Hughes, we've got a few who won't get us up still knocking about. 

22 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Very serious. I've stated Hughes doesn't contribute goals and that a midfielder of his ability should be contributing 5-10 goals a season. 

He doesn't affect games in terms of goals or assists. 

Yes he's a nice footballer to watch. How many times last season did you come out of a game saying "Hughes was very good today"? 

Its my opinion. Yours is different. 

And yes. I've had a season ticket for 24 years. 

With all respect, I agree on the goalscoring aspect but he's been surrounded by absolute tosh players and even more gash managers. It's hard for any player to shine in the sh** but shine he has. He's also a "team player" in that he connects things together, which makes the whole thing even more frustrating. 

At the end of the day he wants out of the shambles of a massive bloated squad of paycheque collectors, and who can blame him.

He will shine proper in the league that he's better suited for.

1 hour ago, needles said:

I'm very, very, nearly through with football. I couldn't give less of a **** about England, Prem, Euro's or any of it except Derby, and the only thing that keeps me watching Derby is the crack and the few bits that get me off my seat that come from players like Will.

Right at this second I could go the full drama queen and jack it in.

You won't though needles, once a ram, always a ram.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

As I have said many times William is the best player we have had for a great number of years, a generation of Derby fans haven't seen anyone even close to him...I am gutted that he is going...but also delighted that he is making the leap up to the promised land. He will be amazing there and will surely get a bigger money move to a bigger club within a couple of years. 

Rubbish amount of money we got for him, but good luck to him....I will cry myself to sleep tonight and dream of that goal he scored against Brighton in the play offs.... 

thanks for the memories William, now god speed young man, make a name for yourself. 

Starting to feel a bit this way reading through the thread. He was ours, we've got to be immensely proud of him and hope he goes onto achieve great things. Sadly just wish it was in a Rams shirt.

Just hope there is a chunky sell on involved because if he has any amount of decent playing time with Watford, truly believe he will excel with better players around him.

His existing fee could look a bargain and right now it feels we are giving our prized asset away for a song AGAIN, when I really felt those days were over under Mel.

Archived