Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

If we definitely were going to play 4231 and we got in Ledley and jota for selling Hughes it would make footballing sense.

sorry I'm trying really hard to think of some positives

Jota been valued at £8m !!today by Brentford-wants Premiership football if he leaves according to his club.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Read again, I didn't say that Hughes doesn't give the **** but the notion that x player cares more about the club more than y just because he came through the academy is nonsense in my opinion. He may be grateful to the club for his opportunity but that doesn't mean he cares more about the club than others. 

If you came through Nottingham Forest's academy, would you care about their club?

Yes. I would. However, Derby isn't a rival with Liverpool. So it's a null point. A player who has been at the club for 5+ years cares more than a new signing, or somebody who has only been here a year. That's just logical. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How is he a 'bottle job'?

What exactly has he bottled? He's been our best player in many seasons. Apparently, since we had one mistake at Wembley all of our players are 'bottle jobs' it was 3 years ago and people still haven't let go.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm not really keen on selling him either but if the manager sees the need to sell, we should get behind him rather than people throwing their toys out of their pram.

Also fed up of reading people's views on Hughes like he was some Godly figure whilst at the same opportunity criticising our other recent signings like Butterfield and Johnson, yes he is a talent but it isn't the end of the world if we did sell.

Why is saying you're not keen on Hughes leaving 'throwing your toys out the pram'? Last time I checked this was an open forum where folk were all entitled to an opinion. What makes your views more important than anybody else's?

And given your stance, why should anyone care what you're 'fed up with'? Talk about double standards! 

19 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Hughes gets away with a lot cos he's one of our own. 

Hughes isn't from Derby. Doesn't support Derby either. 

He's the same as Hendrick was. Came through the academy.

We want the "bottle jobs" gone. Well he's one of them. 

Did he nick your GF or something?

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What exactly has he bottled? He's been our best player in many seasons. Apparently, since we had one mistake at Wembley all of our players are 'bottle jobs' it was 3 years ago and people still haven't let go.

Dunno. Ask @MACKWORTHRAMhe said it. That and Hughes and Keogh went crying to Mel.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Why is saying you're not keen on Hughes leaving 'throwing your toys out the pram'? Last time I checked this was an open forum where folk were all entitled to an opinion. What makes your views more important than anybody else's?

And given your stance, why should anyone care what you're 'fed up with'? Talk about double standards! 

Wasn't referring to you, was more referring to the people on here saying they will pack in watching Derby if we sold him and calling for Rowett to be sacked.

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I've seen a lot of criticism of Butterfield recently. Yes he was poor in spells last season but Hughes hasn't played any better than him in the last few seasons. Butterfield can do everything that Hughes can do(maybe at a lower standard) but the key difference is that Butterfield is a bigger goalthreat(last season the anomoly). 

Butterfield got criticised for passing sideways and slowing it down but Hughes was guilty of this too but was seemingly let off because he is 'one of our own.' 

Reasonable point and next season Butterfield will now be our second substitute in most matches 

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

If there's any truth in the will hughes rumour I can't begin to understand what could be going through rowett's head. Except if he's going for the Nigel Pearson bellend of the year award. At least Pearson only loaned our best player out, and now we've got him back again. 

Mel said he was p1ssed off that martin went out on loan. What he would feel if we gave hughes away I can't imagine. Selling the Crown Jewels for just a few bob is a sackable offence... Breach of fiduciary duty if you ask me. 

Actually Pearson sold our best midfielder last summer in Hendrick 

on another note Watford need home grown players for their squad as they have hardly any and it limits how many 'others' can be name in a match day squad, 

3 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Does anyone know if we still owe Watford any money from the Vydra (8mil) + Anya deals (4) could that also be factored into the low ball 8million offer?

I am sure at the Watford end the Vydra deal was reported at £8 -£12 million - just to make anyone else happy and it didn't include the Anya deal ( who we would struggle to get £500,000 - £1 million for ) 

Archived