Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm yet to see a substantiated link, wouldn't this kind of thread normally be locked?

As it isn't, whilst I think Hughes and indeed Ince are our most talented footballers I believe we have to back Gary Rowett 100%. If it transpires that he sells Hughes and/or Ince this summer then so be it.

The £4m quoted is clearly nonsense, so I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist!

Any sale of Hughes and/or Ince must be for a fee in excess of the fee we received for Hendrick and I have no doubt that Derby know this.

I remember the last time we signed a midfielder who was a guaranteed 5-10 goals a season.

He spent a year and a half being bang average then eventually found a place at DM.

I mean, Martin, Vydra, Ince, Nugent, you'd be disappointed if they didn't rack up 60 goals between them, they need someone to pass it to them though.

2 minutes ago, silhillian said:

There is no link as it is only in paper version. I will copy it out fully when i get home. Or you could buy the paper!

Go on then, seeing as nobody else dare ask, why on earth would you buy the People paper anyway?

23 minutes ago, silhillian said:

I'm a sucker for transfer rumours and it always has a fair few.

I'm glad you shared it,keeping me happy at work on a sunday.

I've been trying to value our other players against Wills 4 million.

Ignoring footballing ability I have Camara and Blackman at £3.50 each.

Must admit Moxey is usually correct about us but £4million is low Having said that Will hasn't really played well for 18months just the odd flash That's why McLaren and Rowett stopped picking him He probably needs a change of clubs 

Don't get why people would want to sell our brightest prospect. Clearly hasn't been at his best the past two year but doesn't mean we should sell. He could be the difference next year if stays fully fit. 

The other thing about will is that he does so much that goes unnoticed. He creates chances by drawing men into him and switching the play quickly. 

We bought Butterfield for a smilies figure being quoted and he slows the play down. Will dictates the play and he can be a real difference next season in games where teams try and block spaces against us at home.

if he stays next year he will be Player of the Year. 

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think hes a fantastic footballer. But he's not hit the heights and he's not contributing in terms of the things that matter, goals and assists. 

He's scored 9 goals in 164 games. Which is poor for a centre half. So for a midfielder its borderline pathetic. 

If we went and spent £12 million on a midfielder with that goalscoring record. My head would go. 

He's a love footballer to watch. But that's it. 

Unfortunately we won't get anywhere near 12 million for him. He's not worth it.

If we can't get 12 million for hughes , or a lot more , then why would we want to sell him? His goal scoring record isn't great, but neither is george thornes . 

3 hours ago, Norman said:

He has just signed a new contract. 

He has three years left on 30k? a week, it wouldn't pay his contract off.

A good significant post. Basically, if WH leaves for that price we would be paying off most of his contract with the transfer fee and making up the difference from within the club.

That would mean the only achievement is one less on the wage bill!

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mel Morris wouldn't sanction the sale of Will Hughes for 4 million quid in a million years. 

Hendrick went for £10 million but we sold him at the right time. His value wouldn't have been that high again. 

Hughes on the other hand. I think on the whole time he has been at Derby his value is the lowest it could possibly be. 

The past 2 seasons, 1 he was injured and last season he was in and out of the side and never reached the levels he should be reaching with his ability. 

If Derby get linked with a midfielder. I look at his stats. How many goals he scored? How many assists as he got? 

As an outsider looking in you'd look at Hughes stats and think £4 million is steep! 

Yes Hughes is an excellent footballer. Arguably one of the best we've produced. But he's not a young lad anymore. Hes been here 7 years. Played over 160 games.

I'd sell Hughes and sign a midfielder who would chip in with 5-10 goals a season. Because that could be the difference. 

how many 23 year old English players have had 7 years first team experience.Yes he is an excellewell worth 10million plusnt footballer(best home grown player we have produced with the exception of Giles Barnes ive seen in my 64 years as a ram fan)

Not surprised at the Brighton link ( I suggested that they would have a go at taking him a few times) 

now £4 million if true will probably be a first salvo but what is his true value? Well I think we will actually know that by the end of next season, last season was a difficult one for him with so many managers mucking about with the team and coming back from a serious injury was going to be difficult- if the bid was £14 million we could not stand in his way but when you compare him to the money we paid on butterfield Johnson Vydra anya Blackman etc then under £8 million should be classed as plain rude

22 minutes ago, SlamBamRam said:

A good significant post. Basically, if WH leaves for that price we would be paying off most of his contract with the transfer fee and making up the difference from within the club.

That would mean the only achievement is one less on the wage bill!

Not good or significant enough for a like though. :p

Archived