Early betting odds for 2017/18. Would you be happy with 5th?

England Ram

Just having a look at the early betting odds now the playoffs have finished.

Without any movement in the transfer market Sky have us with the joint 5th best odds. 

Would you be happy with a playoff place next year? 

What do you think to Villa having the shortest odds? 

And Burton being odds on favourites for relegation compared to all the newly promoted teams? 

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/event/20597365

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not happy, but would accept it would be a reasonable result for GR's 1st season.

Edit: thinking about it, oddly I'd be more unhappy with 3rd! Lol, go figure. :D

Oh Roy .. that is so true ... you can see it cant you finish 5th after an untypical late run .. dead excited .. in the play offs

OR ... draw last game of the season and miss out on the autos  

Football bloody hell

:lol:

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, England Ram said:

Just having a look at the early betting odds now the playoffs have finished.

Without any movement in the transfer market Sky have us with the joint 5th best odds. 

Would you be happy with a playoff place next year? 

What do you think to Villa having the shortest odds? 

And Burton being odds on favourites for relegation compared to all the newly promoted teams? 

https://m.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/event/20597365

Way too early to say... Let's see what business we do in the summer. I can't follow the link but at a guess the wendies, reading fulham and boro will be ahead of us. 

Oh.. Wait villa favourites.. Won't they have run out of money? 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

Checking Odds checker we're actually rated as 6th in terms of all bookies (Sheffield Wednesday the other team ahead of us)

And yes I'd bite your hand off for a playoff place!

We beat reading fulham and the wendies at pride park. We need to improve but not that much. 

For me, in his first full season, having to work within a budget, and cutting the squad and wage bill down, I would say a top 6 playoff place, would count as being a successful season, I think us the fans, the owner and everyone connected with Derby need to give Mr Rowett time and patience, because I believe in the end, he will take us to the priemier ileague it might take 2 or 3 seasons but in the end Mr Rowett will delivery, I have 100 percent faith in him.

I truly believe we can finish top two but that depends on the fitness and availability of everybody in the squad and if and it is a big if - all of Forsyth Thorne and Martin are available in addition to what we had last season we would have improved the defence the midfield and the forward line

Archived