Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe the allegations. With Forest's shooting up stats?

Anyway, wonder how long until we get a "choose a framed photo of Fawaz, choose to offer intimate services to Kenny burns for scag money, choose Boots methadone, choose to pinch a Rayleigh bicycle, choose to dress in lace, choose the sheriff of Nottingham, choose urinating in the bus station, choose begging on Victoria embankment, choose life in notts, choose forest"

<accompanying poster featuring Manrinakis, Karanka, Fawaz, Billy Davies and Andi Reid>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43527262

he rejects any link to the 2.1 tonnes of heroine found on board his ship. 

Hardly surprising. I wouldn’t expect him to say ‘oh that, I just forgot it was there, sorry.’

I know it’s been mentioned several times, but I think it only hit home when I read this article again. He’s under investigation for match fixing in Greece. How in the holy **** does someone under investigation for match fixing pass a fit and proper persons test. Fair enough if he was under investigation for a non-football related crime, you could argue innocent until proven guilty. But I would’ve thought if it’s a specifically football related crime, you’d at least want to wait to see the outcome. 

What if he’s found guilty of match fixing (never mind the heroine)? Can the football league take it back and strip him of ownership. Doubt it. Who would take over. 

Mans then there’s the heroine. ‘Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it infamy.’ No smoke without fire, mate. If he’s tied up with so much dodgy ****, even if some of it is part of a plot, it can’t all be untrue, I very much doubt he’s a shining example of truth, justice and the Greek way. But he’s a fit and proper person.

And after I’ve read that article about the Oyston’s and the guy who wants to take over Blackpool, but can’t because he doesn’t pass the fit and proper persons test, despite apparently being a really good option for them. It’s a bit of a joke really isn’t it. 

Whatever, as long as it’s happening to Forest, I’ll just sit back and grab the popcorn. 

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43527262

he rejects any link to the 2.1 tonnes of heroine found on board his ship. 

Hardly surprising. I wouldn’t expect him to say ‘oh that, I just forgot it was there, sorry.’

I know it’s been mentioned several times, but I think it only hit home when I read this article again. He’s under investigation for match fixing in Greece. How in the holy **** does someone under investigation for match fixing pass a fit and proper persons test. Fair enough if he was under investigation for a non-football related crime, you could argue innocent until proven guilty. But I would’ve thought if it’s a specifically football related crime, you’d at least want to wait to see the outcome. 

What if he’s found guilty of match fixing (never mind the heroine)? Can the football league take it back and strip him of ownership. Doubt it. Who would take over. 

Mans then there’s the heroine. ‘Infamy, infamy, they’ve all got it infamy.’ No smoke without fire, mate. If he’s tied up with so much dodgy ****, even if some of it is part of a plot, it can’t all be untrue, I very much doubt he’s a shining example of truth, justice and the Greek way. But he’s a fit and proper person.

And after I’ve read that article about the Oyston’s and the guy who wants to take over Blackpool, but can’t because he doesn’t pass the fit and proper persons test, despite apparently being a really good option for them. It’s a bit of a joke really isn’t it. 

Whatever, as long as it’s happening to Forest, I’ll just sit back and grab the popcorn. 

Totally agree. He may be found innocent, and thats what the EFL should have said to him, something along the lines of 'get your personal stuff sorted then come back and assuming you are found innocent we will then pass you'

What if he is done for both of these? Cannot see for a minute the EFL forcing him to sell.

And if he is found guilty of match fixing and allowed to keep the club how can you totally trust 100% that he isnt doing the same at Forest? For a club who love to remind how they were the victims of match fixing, to get into bed with someone who is accused of it is appalling, they should have all waited until it was done.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Totally agree. He may be found innocent, and thats what the EFL should have said to him, something along the lines of 'get your personal stuff sorted then come back and assuming you are found innocent we will then pass you'

What if he is done for both of these? Cannot see for a minute the EFL forcing him to sell.

And if he is found guilty of match fixing and allowed to keep the club how can you totally trust 100% that he isnt doing the same at Forest? For a club who love to remind how they were the victims of match fixing, to get into bed with someone who is accused of it is appalling, they should have all waited until it was done.

Do tell, when were they victims of match fixing? I honestly haven’t heard that one. Was it in the semi finals of a European cup?

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Actually, I just looked it up. Genuinely knew nothing and about it.

I was about to add to my previous post ‘if it’s not a European semi, they can **** off.’ But it turns out it was. 

Brian Clough has the worst luck with bent European refs. As good as he was, and as good as his record is, imagine his record with European cups with 2 relatively small clubs, and a total of 4 European cups. 

******* bent refs. That pisses me right off. 

I was just thinking about that bloke in the cricket who tampered with the ball. Seems like as good a place as any to shoe horn this thought in. You can say what you want about diving being cheating, some call it ‘being clever’, but to against the rules, therefore cheating, but it’s opportunistic cheating, not premeditated. Whereas tampering with the ball is premeditated, and that’s dispicable. 

Bribing a red is also premeditated and any team found guilty of that sort of unsportsmanlike behaviour should be stricken from the history books like Chris Benoit. 

Sith Happens
32 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Actually, I just looked it up. Genuinely knew nothing and about it.

I was about to add to my previous post ‘if it’s not a European semi, they can **** off.’ But it turns out it was. 

Brian Clough has the worst luck with bent European refs. As good as he was, and as good as his record is, imagine his record with European cups with 2 relatively small clubs, and a total of 4 European cups. 

******* bent refs. That pisses me right off. 

I was just thinking about that bloke in the cricket who tampered with the ball. Seems like as good a place as any to shoe horn this thought in. You can say what you want about diving being cheating, some call it ‘being clever’, but to against the rules, therefore cheating, but it’s opportunistic cheating, not premeditated. Whereas tampering with the ball is premeditated, and that’s dispicable. 

Bribing a red is also premeditated and any team found guilty of that sort of unsportsmanlike behaviour should be stricken from the history books like Chris Benoit. 

Totally agree. I think forest got compensation not many years ago for it, or anderlecht got banned. 

This is why it would be shocking if they have sold their soul to a match fixer.

He may be proven innocent mind.

Just checked and anderlecht got a one year ban. That's shocking, regardless of when it was it should have been at least 10 years.

Comedy gold. What else can you say? Many of the gumps are still creaming themselves that they've got rid of Fridgey (who's now suing them and they he) but it was always likely to be a case of "out of the frying pan and into the fire". Especially given the allegations of Greek match fixing and the alleged blowing up of the referee's bakery when he wouldn't agree to arranging the "right" result. Add alleged heroin smuggling and you're not really adding much to an already impressive charge sheet.

The best part is they deserve everything they get. Pass the popcorn!

Archived