Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't convinced about all those claims that Karanka is no longer the negative, ultra defensive manager he was at Boro, but having witnessed the way he urged his team on, to go balls out, all guns blazing, gung-ho after Huddlestone got sent off, I'm convinced those claims are utter schwachsinn!!!

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Each manager knows that losing this game increases the chance of you getting the sack.

To be honest, this.

I really wanted us to go for it, particularly after Huddlestone went off, but seem's AK was more than happy to stick to his original plan, which appear to be play for a draw.

His main job when arriving was to shore up our defence, and 6 undefeated, 2 clean sheets in a row is still probably one of our better run of results this year. No complaints here. 

Bit toothless, but imagine that'll be addressed in the summer. Not sure GR will be quite so happy, seem's he's losing the plot on his recent interviews :lol:

12 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

To be honest, this.

I really wanted us to go for it, particularly after Huddlestone went off, but seem's AK was more than happy to stick to his original plan, which appear to be play for a draw.

His main job when arriving was to shore up our defence, and 6 undefeated, 2 clean sheets in a row is still probably one of our better run of results this year. No complaints here. 

Bit toothless, but imagine that'll be addressed in the summer. Not sure GR will be quite so happy, seem's he's losing the plot on his recent interviews :lol:

You are just annoyed the wellies you recently purchased will be out of fashion in six months time.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are just annoyed the wellies you recently purchased will be out of fashion in six months time.

I don't live in Nottingham mate, I'm well ahead of the locals living down here in Berkshire.. 

45 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I wasn't convinced about all those claims that Karanka is no longer the negative, ultra defensive manager he was at Boro, but having witnessed the way he urged his team on, to go balls out, all guns blazing, gung-ho after Huddlestone got sent off, I'm convinced those claims are utter schwachsinn!!!

What I liked the most about Karanka other than his errrrr erm errrr erm post match thoughts, was when Sky picked up on his players looking to him when they had a free kick, shrugged his shoulders and turned away. That was too far forward for Karanka to have any idea what to do.

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

To be honest, this.

I am wondering if he still thinks working with Mel is "great".....

But yes, dull steady progress from Forest. Next season might not even have the flirtation with relegation to get the pulse racing.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I am wondering if he still thinks working with Mel is "great".....

But yes, dull steady progress from Forest. Next season might not even have the flirtation with relegation to get the pulse racing.

His after match interview, as funny as I imagine you all found it, strikes me as a man under serious pressure.

Wasn't Mad Mel in the dressing room following your draw with QPR or something?

I'd probably start lashing out if I had the axe hanging over my shoulder every day.. 

54 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

His after match interview, as funny as I imagine you all found it, strikes me as a man under serious pressure.

I'd probably start lashing out if I had the axe hanging over my shoulder every day.. 

No news of Mel doing anything like that with Rowett, not that I have seen anyway! I think he learned his lesson the first time, it will always cause more problems than it solves.

55 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not sure how you've managed to work that out just from an interview. To me it was just a manager who's getting more and more frustrated with poor decisions costing us points at a key stage of the season. Obviously there's no guarantee we'd have gone on to win the game if Huddlestone wasn't sent off, but I think it's fair to say we were on top thanks to Palmer's introduction and we'd have had a much better chance of winning if we didn't have to sub off an attacking player due to the red card. The wrongly disallowed goal against Millwall, the Jerome penalty decision again Bristol City and now this red card has potentially cost us 6 points which would have left us comfortably inside the play offs and with a small chance of pushing for 2nd still

Not sure where you've heard about the QPR thing because there's been no mention at all on here or any news sites I don't think. If anything, Mel has been a lot more supportive of Rowett than he has of any previous managers

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Not sure how you've managed to work that out just from an interview. To me it was just a manager who's getting more and more frustrated with poor decisions costing us points at a key stage of the season. Obviously there's no guarantee we'd have gone on to win the game if Huddlestone wasn't sent off, but I think it's fair to say we were on top thanks to Palmer's introduction and we'd have had a much better chance of winning if we didn't have to sub off an attacking player due to the red card. The wrongly disallowed goal against Millwall, the Jerome penalty decision again Bristol City and now this red card has potentially cost us 6 points which would have left us comfortably inside the play offs and with a small chance of pushing for 2nd still

Not sure where you've heard about the QPR thing because there's been no mention at all on here or any news sites I don't think. If anything, Mel has been a lot more supportive of Rowett than he has of any previous managers

Millwall should have had a penalty and there have been several incidents to even it up.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I must admit,if there was a choice between having a gaffer who wins games and one who gets over excited at the gumps whilst we slip down the league,id go for the latter anytime!....

He missed a trick by failing to drop kick a fan in the crowd with a two footed lunge at half time,that's my only complaint really.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

To be honest, this.

6 undefeated yes 8points out 16 that's great not 

Archived