Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Blimey you lads were poor again today, but results have gone your way yet again.  Nobody seems to want that sixth place

Your lot fancy a late run for it?

Sorry - just misread your post...thought you said sixteenth.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Crikey, get ready boys, your players will be skint by the end of next season ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43623626

But they’ll all have lovely tans. 

I wk see what the legalities of this are. Would there be something in their contract saying he can fine them for crap performances. To be fair, after the Sunderland March, I think a few of our players had early themselves a holiday, or they already thought they’d started it. 

Olympiakos players have been fined 400,000 euros (£350,000) and ordered to go on holiday by the club president following poor results.

The Greek champions are third in the Super League after three wins in their past eight games.

Shipping magnate Evangelos Marinakis, who also owns Nottingham Forest, was quoted in the Greek media as telling the players: "I and the rest of the fans have tolerated you enough. You will leave today and go on holiday."

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43623626

13 minutes ago, David said:

"I and the rest of the fans have tolerated you enough. You will leave today and go on holiday."

By that comparison, the gump players will have villas in the greek isles bought for them, won't have any money for the flights as he will deduct 110% of their wages!!!

As for the pitch, did someone forget to empty the cesspools?  Or is it the return of unpaid bills?

Quite astonishing behaviour from the plate-smashing monolith.

Wonder what the Olympiakos coach thinks of all this?

Banishing players like that surely gives them an easy life, no pressure to improve, or perform well to win back some pride. 

Then, if the mad Greek mobile eclipse wants to get shut of his players, other clubs would only offer low, low values and say 'well, they are useless, aren't they?' He will find they then play much better at a new club without board-level lunacy. Damn, I retract that, non-lunacy is so hard to find, at any club!

Can't wait to see how he applies his methods at the aquatic City Ground.

Third in the table, 3 points off top as well.

Forest fans will probably brush it off but that would have me worried, more than the drugs charges, Karanka should be as well.

This is a few steps further than entering the dressing room, to strip the manager of his entire squad is lunacy.

PistoldPete2
On 02/04/2018 at 18:00, eezzeetiger said:

Blimey you lads were poor again today, but results have gone your way yet again.  Nobody seems to want that sixth place

We dont want sixth place, especially as we are fifth. 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

FTFY.

The sad thing is, this is genuinely an example of a fantastic season for them. 

Just the one manager sacking, and they might be safe by late April (still a chance they might get sucked into the battle for the last relegation spot though, I’m crossing my dick). 

Archived