Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

You lads must be on the pop...deluded about the performance.

It was embarrassing how bad you were...

You were tripe, you must have forgotten the first half, you were nearly booed off in the lead

The first half was bad, I haven't seen anyone say it was good. But Forest were nothing special. For as 'bad' as we were, to lose 2-0 must be quite an embarrassment right?

If that had been against Barnsley or Reading everyone would have said "they had a few spells where they knocked it around nicely but never looked like scoring, routine win" and no one would disagree but because it was against that lot we get to hear all the crying of the local gumps.

I thought they were decent enough in the first half but I never felt like they would score....Osborne is a class above anything they have in general but I thought that their stand out player was Mackay, really surprised he took him off. Great save from Smith near the end too.

They will without doubt finish 14th this season.

Oh, and one more thing.....Cummings.....I am better than him...!

9 hours ago, Kernow said:

We were 1-0 up before he touched the ball, I'd say keeping us in it is a bit of an exaggeration. Big save in the one-on-one but you hardly peppered our goal with shots. I'd say your keeper made just as many, if not more saves.

Except for two of them

10 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

You were tripe, you must have forgotten the first half, you were nearly booed off in the lead

Regularly remember Forest fans taking a pop at us for not getting results but playing nice football over the past few years.

How's it feel?

We dominated second half, should have made it 3. Playing well for 40 mins doesn't mean shag all, games are 90 mins long. If we didn't play that well but got a comfortable win what does that say about Florest? When was your last win? We passed it well some periods and scored from 2 quick moves on the deck. Rather do that than pass around like a poundland tiki taka team for 90 mins.

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

If that had been against Barnsley or Reading everyone would have said "they had a few spells where they knocked it around nicely but never looked like scoring, routine win" and no one would disagree but because it was against that lot we get to hear all the crying of the local gumps.

I thought they were decent enough in the first half but I never felt like they would score....Osborne is a class above anything they have in general but I thought that their stand out player was Mackay, really surprised he took him off. Great save from Smith near the end too.

I saw a comment on Facebook from my wife's uncle, it was "Oh look,Mackay off after a hour, what a surprise" suggest to me that they give him a hour all the time. I was surprised too, if Forest was ever going to get anything from the game they needed to keep him on. Instead they bring on Ward who hasn't played any first team matches this season and Tyler Walker to chase the game.  

11 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

Sounds like you are slightly deluded about the quality of the Forest performance. For all the time spent fannying around with the ball you created about three decent chances and gave up after 60 minutes. Your team lacked a backbone and a plan B when your plan A stopped working.

Having seen Forest a few times this season, they played exactly as I expected them to. Got some passing going which looked good but never really looked too threatening and certainly never edge of the seat stuff, Reminded me a bit of when they played Leeds. We weren't very good first half, but we weren't punished for it, The Forest double change finished them off as much as, if not more than, our second goal, our subs meanwhile gave us complete control to see out the game easily.

5 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

One more thing guys, did you really have an advertising board with instructions when to wave the little flags and when to stop?

On twitter but surely that can't be right :lol:

We had a scoreboard, did you see that? :D 

DMPOH4sX4AERkHF.jpg-large.jpeg

Well done on the win

You deserved it has you took your 2 chances, where as once again we couldn't take 1 of many. We have this knack of making things hard for ourselves and we are need of a dominant CB to organise the defense and we are very lightweight. Hopefully in January that will be sorted out

On reflection im still happy with the position our club is at the moment in time. We are putting into place a good structure behind the scenes and footballing people in key positions. To expect this would turn round results within a couple of months is silly. I can see what MW is trying to do and can see the type of play that will hopefully be played in the future months hopefully years.

Unfortunately for you lot, this is as good as it gets with rowett. the type of football that you've got on Saturday will be the same as in 6 months times. And when he finally gets the bullet from Mad mel for not playing the derby way it ll still be the same style. Those that know when I used to post on here during the SM era I used to sing your praises but I 100% know that wasn't the type of football you like and it will be the undoing of him when results drop but performance remains the same

One things for sure after that match, see you season.

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

And me, he's absolute crap.  Who is he, where's he come from, and why did he walk around with hunched up shoulders like he was at a body building show???  He gave professional footballers and even worse name yesterday...

Mackay looked decent, just seems to lack a footballing brain at the moment, could be a real player in a couple of years...

2 minutes ago, stoners said:

Well done on the win

You deserved it has you took your 2 chances, where as once again we couldn't take 1 of many. We have this knack of making things hard for ourselves and we are need of a dominant CB to organise the defense and we are very lightweight. Hopefully in January that will be sorted out

On reflection im still happy with the position our club is at the moment in time. We are putting into place a good structure behind the scenes and footballing people in key positions. To expect this would turn round results within a couple of months is silly. I can see what MW is trying to do and can see the type of play that will hopefully be played in the future months hopefully years.

Unfortunately for you lot, this is as good as it gets with rowett. the type of football that you've got on Saturday will be the same as in 6 months times. And when he finally gets the bullet from Mad mel for not playing the derby way it ll still be the same style. Those that know when I used to post on here during the SM era I used to sing your praises but I 100% know that wasn't the type of football you like and it will be the undoing of him when results drop but performance remains the same

One things for sure after that match, see you season.

Well it isn't, we played a lot better against Hull.  Yes we weren't great in the first half, but we had your number in the second, and you'd never have scored if you kept going til midnight.  At the moment you're like us under Clement.  Slow ponderous passing, getting nowhere whilst the other team easily contains you with two banks of four.  The difference is, we had Ince & Martin with a cutting edge.  You've got the one season wonder Murphy, and Mackey who's all potential...

Archived