Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

Fair play to Derby, put both chances away really well, good goals.

But i think it's the worst Derby performance I have seen against Forest, despite the result.

We are very mid Table, and I think you are too. We have no final ball good stuff, you did.

I can see why you couldn't sell out, not nice to watch

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

But i think it's the worst Derby performance I have seen against Forest, despite the result.

We are very mid Table, and I think you are too. We have no final ball good stuff, you did.

I think you are probably right, both clubs are in a transitional state having both failed to buy their way to promotion in recent years, and of course sacking too many managers.

I do think Derby have a better foundation to build on, but then I would wouldn't I. Think both clubs need a bit of stability.

Not sure i agree about foundation, but i do about the rest of it..

You do have a better structure, but no great kids it would seem

Christ knows where we keep getting them from....well i know where Osborn is from, but i also know we let Huddlestein go.

Blimey he can still pass but, he turns like a super tanker.

22 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

You've got a job in Derby?

You already have considerable bragging rights with your other neighbours

2 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

You will definitely have a better Monday than me though..

I live in Derby

It's alright eezz, at least you don't have a job to go to 

2 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Not sure i agree about foundation, but i do about the rest of it..

You do have a better structure, but no great kids it would seem

Christ knows where we keep getting them from....well i know where Osborn is from, but i also know we let Huddlestein go.

Blimey he can still pass but, he turns like a super tanker.

In fairness I don't fully understand how things sit with forest financially. I get the impression the new owners don't intend to spunk loads of money. I also don't know if the previous debts have been paid off, or written off by fawaz.

I know the debt was reported at 82 million so it would surprise me if they were paid/written off. I never really saw the details behind the sale.

Fawaz didn't strike me as the sort to walk away and not want his money back.

17 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Grapes can be sour!

worst Derby performance yet Carson never really made an unexpected save and I never felt we would concede.  Nearly 32k today your stadium won’t even hold that :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I never felt we would concede

Even with the one and one? I thought that was getting buried, Carson to the rescue and great timing as well, momentum from that could have seen it swing another way.

It didn't though.

That miniature Scottish kid cracked one off the post which I thought was sneaking in.

It didn't though.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Ah mate, as I was saying to David on twitter, the expectations at the clubs are very different.

We narrowly avoided L1 last year and spent nothing, we're now *trying* to play the right way. You spunked a fortune on dross and are expected to be top 6. 

Not sure Mad Mel will take too kindly to mid table playing garbage football, but hey, I could be wrong. 

Isnt that cos in recent years uv done your own spunking of money up the wall??

Jaimie mackie on 20k a week was my personal favourite but the list is truly endless as super fatwaz that u all worshiped backed every manager with his poppas cash.

5 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Best performance against Derby in years

Says a lot seeing as they really weren't that good. Had a lot of the ball, did next to nothing with it. I'd only have two of their players in our starting line-up.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Says a lot seeing as they really weren't that good. Had a lot of the ball, did next to nothing with it. I'd only have two of our players in our starting line-up.

Russel would make a great ball boy, never gives up on a lost cause.

Carson - MOTM - kept you in it

7 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Russel would make a great ball boy, never gives up on a lost cause.

Carson - MOTM - kept you in it

We were 1-0 up before he touched the ball, I'd say keeping us in it is a bit of an exaggeration. Big save in the one-on-one but you hardly peppered our goal with shots. I'd say your keeper made just as many, if not more saves.

29 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Isnt that cos in recent years uv done your own spunking of money up the wall??

Jaimie mackie on 20k 

It’s not even the fact they bought players in on big wages, the clubs been ran like a sack of s*** for years. The year we spent 20 million on dross they posted a loss of 26m themselves. Nuts. 

Archived