Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many players from last seasons 3-0 game will be in the Forest starting 11?

By my reckoning only two maybe three from Derbys;

LAST SEASON STARTING 11 v FOREST....

* Carson
* Baird (bench)
* Keogh 
* Pearce (bench)
* Olsson
* Hughes (left)
* Johnson (suspended)
* Butterfield (out on loan)
* Ince (left)
* Bent (injured)
* Russell (bench)

DERBY TODAY FOR ME;

- Carson

- Wisdom

- Fozzy

- Keogh

- Davies

- Ledley

- Huddlestone

- Lawrence

- Vydra

- Nugent

- Martin

On 11 October 2017 at 08:19, True Ram said:

Sorry to disagree with you but I think it's time somebody got a thumping and I think this will be the game that will wake the rams up and we will go on a 7 match unbeaten run 

We are already on a three match unbeaten run. 

12 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

You've got a job in Derby?

You already have considerable bragging rights with your other neighbours

Of course said in jest, but still worth pointing out the unemployment rate in derbyshire is below the national average, and also below that of nottinghamshire :)

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I read it as, he wished he had a job in derby. 

I didnt, i read it that if you have GOT a Job in derby its something brag about as your neighbours wont have lol.

But maybe you are right, maybe he wishes he lived in Derby, maybe even wishes he was a Derby fan...yes that makes much more sense :)

3 minutes ago, Rams forever said:

How bad does that make your lot then?

Ah mate, as I was saying to David on twitter, the expectations at the clubs are very different.

We narrowly avoided L1 last year and spent nothing, we're now *trying* to play the right way. You spunked a fortune on dross and are expected to be top 6. 

Not sure Mad Mel will take too kindly to mid table playing garbage football, but hey, I could be wrong. 

Aim of the game is to stick the ball in the net. 

We did that twice hence the score line, 2-0. Nothing flattering about that.

Inability to put the ball in your opponents net in 90 minutes of football, that’s poor.

14 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not gonna lie lads, thought you were pretty poor and the result flattered you! Took the goals well but a very average side. 

Gonna get pelters for that post but, hey ho, my take. :thumbsup:

Rubbish fella, you had a bit of play last twenty minutes of first half, couldn’t score a sitter and went on to concede again in a second half that we had the best of, end of.

22 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Ah mate, as I was saying to David on twitter, the expectations at the clubs are very different.

We narrowly avoided L1 last year and spent nothing, we're now *trying* to play the right way. You spunked a fortune on dross and are expected to be top 6. 

Not sure Mad Mel will take too kindly to mid table playing garbage football, but hey, I could be wrong. 

God you have to love Forest fans keep trying this one, when your lot where the man city of the midlands and failing to do anything you still took delight in reminding us of our 'non-league' set-up as we didnt have any money to spend, now its a bit the other way round its suddenly ok and a 2-0 defeat suddenly becomes a galant effort.

Your lot still managed to wrack up massive debts so despite not spending money on players you were spending it somewhere, certainly spending enough to not habve the courtesy or funds to prevent consistent wind up petitions and failing to pay other clubs what they were due.

Its been well over 2 years now since we had a net spend that was of any significance anyway so hardly spunking a fortune.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Not gonna lie lads, thought you were pretty poor and the result flattered you! Took the goals well but a very average side. 

Gonna get pelters for that post but, hey ho, my take. :thumbsup:

We were poor in the first half, but the early goal had you chasing the game for the entire 90 minutes and you were knackered in the second half. Other than a bit of pressure in the first half resulting in a couple of good chances, I don't really think you look liked scoring at all. A little bit like us in 2013/14. Kept it nicely and passed it around well, apart from you didn't have an attacking threat to go with it.

In these sort of games I couldn't give a monkeys how we play as long as we finish the game with more goals than you. That's what we did. I'm sure if you'd played poorly but won the game, you'd be here (along with a few others) saying the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

2-0

Archived