Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, stoners said:

Well done on the win

You deserved it has you took your 2 chances, where as once again we couldn't take 1 of many. We have this knack of making things hard for ourselves and we are need of a dominant CB to organise the defense and we are very lightweight. Hopefully in January that will be sorted out

On reflection im still happy with the position our club is at the moment in time. We are putting into place a good structure behind the scenes and footballing people in key positions. To expect this would turn round results within a couple of months is silly. I can see what MW is trying to do and can see the type of play that will hopefully be played in the future months hopefully years.

Unfortunately for you lot, this is as good as it gets with rowett. the type of football that you've got on Saturday will be the same as in 6 months times. And when he finally gets the bullet from Mad mel for not playing the derby way it ll still be the same style. Those that know when I used to post on here during the SM era I used to sing your praises but I 100% know that wasn't the type of football you like and it will be the undoing of him when results drop but performance remains the same

One things for sure after that match, see you season.

I do get all of that, but question....Why was that approach not ok when Derby were doing it under Clough? Why were your lot shouting from the rooftops you could buy who you wanted and our approach was laughable?

26 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

And how long before Warburton is given his marching orders from your lot.  22nd at Christmas??

They wont give him his marching orders, they will just have him set on fire.

49 minutes ago, stoners said:

you ll all be hounding him out for playing s**** football that is guaranteed.

Screenshot saved

I bet you can't prove you have a screenshot that is time stamped from an hour ago? :whistle:

Astonished how comfortable and relaxed the last half hour was even though it was only 2-0. Forest simply didn't look good enough to outplay us or strong enough to wrestle it away from us. Last 10 was like a training game. If I were their fans I'd be worried by the lack of fight because let's face it, one goal back at any stage and it would have been panic stations.

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Was just about to post that.  Completely impartial view of yesterday's events...

Any team can make loads of passes when they're in their own half and "dominate" when the other team is happy to let them have it.

Any team can fire in "shots" that are harmless or go miles wide. 

Any team can have greater possession when the opposition game plan is to let them have it up until a certain point.

Not every team can actually do what matters and stick the ball in the net.

It's why statistics like this to try to prove a point are generally useless, they take no account of tactics or game management.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I do get all of that, but question....Why was that approach not ok when Derby were doing it under Clough? Why were your lot shouting from the rooftops you could buy who you wanted and our approach was laughable?

I personally wasn't saying that, that's for sure

ive been calling us out for ages that the way you approached it was commendable and the right way. Its just a pity for your lot that you have Fawaz mk2 in charge now and have abandoned that approach

5 hours ago, stoners said:

On reflection im still happy with the position our club is at the moment in time. We are putting into place a good structure behind the scenes and footballing people in key positions. To expect this would turn round results within a couple of months is silly. I can see what MW is trying to do and can see the type of play that will hopefully be played in the future months hopefully years.

Same here mate. I sat through Mugleigh, McLaren, Cotternil and Freedman, all whilst owned by Fawaz.

The short term issues with results isn't a problem for me. Performances and direction the club is going is more important. 

Fair play to the shaggers on here, got a couple of match winners and we saw them yesterday. 

Just now, Red_Dawn said:

Same here mate. I sat through Mugleigh, McLaren, Cotternil and Freedman, all whilst owned by Fawaz.

The short term issues with results isn't a problem for me. Performances and direction the club is going is more important. 

Fair play to the shaggers on here, got a couple of match winners and we saw them yesterday. 

If you thought we were dull and negative yesterday, wait till we unveil our 3-7-0 formation for the return :lol:

5 hours ago, stoners said:

You deserved it has you took your 2 chances, where as once again we couldn't take 1 of many.

Many? Which ones? One clear cut, the others though? Similar to Lawrence's x2 free kicks, one hitting the bar and the other forcing a good save from your keeper. The Vydra cut back chance, the Lawrence one at the back post late on... 

I know you're probably on the wind up but you can't just make s*** up to suit an argument youth. 

4 hours ago, stoners said:

I personally wasn't saying that, that's for sure

ive been calling us out for ages that the way you approached it was commendable and the right way. Its just a pity for your lot that you have Fawaz mk2 in charge now and have abandoned that approach

Many were though and you know it.

I think Mel has his faults but im not sure hes in the Fawaz catergory just yet. Time will tell if he sticks by Rowett or not, im hoping hes learned from his mistakes, certainly the throwing money at it seems to have subsided.

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

One more thing guys, did you really have an advertising board with instructions when to wave the little flags and when to stop?

On twitter but surely that can't be right :lol:

Must admit i didnt notice this, would be suprised but you never know.

Any evidence ?

Archived