Rotherham United v Derby County - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

Ince scores!!! This means we're now 9th and we can't finish lower than 9th even if we end up losing! But.... wait for it.... if we win, then we finish..... 9th!!!!! COYR

Well, when you consider we ended up 8th under McClaren when lost to Reading in that last game, 9th ain't so bad considering all the bollix we've gone through this season. :mellow:

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Forest fans invading the pitch after staying up on goal difference has ruined my day.

On the bright side they have finished in a lower league position every year under Fawaz. Hopefully the Greek chap can keep it going since they don't have many places left to play with.

What an utterly **** day.

An insipid Derby performance, scraping a draw against one of the worst teams to have ever played at this level inspires 0 confidence for next season.

I don't actually mind Forest staying up, but the way Ipswich rolled over was utterly laughable. The FA should be investigating those abject clowns for lack of professionalism, never mind Huddersfield.

To top it off. Brighton somehow manage to hand the Championship title to the least deserving team for quite some time at the death.

2016/17 can go **** itself.

PistoldPete2

A bit poo if we can't even beat Rotherham. Oh well season is over and a poor one it's been too. 

6 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Bent, Blackman, overpaid and past their prime.

Blackman did nothing wrong when he came on he's scored 1 less than Russell all season and has hardly played give over 

The wrist slashes getting their Stanley knives out and the happy clappers jumping for joy all because of a 1-1 draw against the bottom side in the division. 

GR has his work well and truly cut out if he wants promotion out of this bunch of prima donnas.

Strange day. Cr@p performance.

got to the train station to hear that the train from sheffield to rotherham was cancelled, and travel would involve crossing sheffield on the tram.

decided not to bother. Flogged my train ticket to a derby fan at the station.

got the bus back to derby. Bus back home only to find myself locked out.

finally managed to track down the mrs, and get in to get my car to drive to rotherham.

first derby fan i see in rotherham is the bloke i flogged my train ticket to.

got Into the ground seconds after kick off.

watched a pretty poor performance. No midfield creativity.

Back in the car for 2.07

home for 2.47!

take the car next time.

On 02/05/2017 at 17:01, PodgeyRam said:

If we score 3 goals against Rotherham, they will become the first team to concede 100 goals in the Championsip since Stockport County were relegated in 2002 (they conceded 102).

If we beat them, they will finish on 22 points. The lowest ever total in championship for a 46 game season. The only post-war second tier teams to have got worse points totals are:

Sheffield Wednesday in 1974/75 (21 points in a 42 game season)

Watford in 1971/72 (19 points in a 42 game season)

Barnsley in 1952/53 (18 points in a 42 game season)

Let's be honest. Even in the poor state we are in, we should be beating these.

you forgot to mention that we hold a record for lowest points so i wouldnt say to much

Archived